𝓢𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓮 𝟐𝟐

Author Note: Here we are pretending that the Clone Wars lasted seven years (because I thought that it lasted seven years for some reason when writing this, and it would be very difficult to fix the timeline). Also, Anakin and Padmé are just friends here :)

❝𝑳𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒏 𝒕𝒐 𝒎𝒆, 𝑱𝒆𝒅𝒊. 𝑰 𝒅𝒐 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒑𝒐𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒄𝒔. 𝑰 𝒅𝒐 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝑹𝒆𝒑𝒖𝒃𝒍𝒊𝒄. 𝑰 𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒆𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒊𝒆!❞ ―𝑮𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒍 𝑮𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒗𝒐𝒖𝒔'𝒔 𝒎𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒂𝒈𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑱𝒆𝒅𝒊 𝑶𝒓𝒅𝒆𝒓.

❈✱❉✤❈✱❉

FIVE AND A HALF YEARS LATER

Astrid's boots skidded on the slick metal floors of the Separatist ship as she raced down the hallways with Aayla Secura at her side. She raised her lightsaber in front of her as six battledroids appeared around the corner ahead of them and released blaster fire upon the two Jedi. 

Astrid's lightsaber was a blue blur as she blocked blaster fire after blaster fire. They pushed forward until she and her old master were upon the droids, and the two Jedi cut them down like they were stalks of wheat and their lightsabers were the reaper. 

As Astrid and Master Secura stood amidst the charred remains of the battledroids, breathing heavy, Astrid became aware of the warning alarms blaring loudly throughout the battleship. 

She lifted her blue lightsaber.

Five and a half years ago at the start of the Clone Wars, Astrid's arms would've been aching at this point, but now, after so many years of constant fighting, Astrid felt perfectly fine. She felt energized

She felt alive. 

Astrid was older now, too. She was twenty years old, so her body could handle more taxing missions like this one. Astrid and her former master, Master Secura, were in charge of taking down this Separatist battleship before it could reach Naboo. 

And it was all up to the two of them to stop the Separatist ship as far as Astrid was aware. 

"Break is over. Let's go," Master Secura said from beside Astrid before she began jogging forward. 

Astrid hadn't been aware they were taking a break. She followed after the Jedi Master, her lightsaber held at the ready. They raced through the maze of dark metal hallways towards the main bridge, where they would take control of the ship. 

They only needed to get rid of the Separatist commanders and technicians, and then they will have captured the Star Destroyer. As the two Jedi sprinted through the ship to the main bridge, they ran across several battledroids on the way. 

They cut them down with their lightsabers like the battle droids were made of soft butter. 

They finally reached the doors leading into the main bridge, and Astrid immediately stepped towards it to enter. But before the doors could slide open at her approach, Master Secura wrapped a hand around Astrid's arm and quickly yanked her back.

Astrid stumbled backwards, caught off balance in her surprise. "What?" she asked, turning to her former Jedi Master, and Master Secura put a finger to her lips, silently telling her to be a little quieter.