5.6

*unedited*

When the night time came, Xu Shen woke up Sun Hui from his sleep.

After sleeping for a few hours, Sun Hui was less than pleased to be woken up. But even though he wanted nothing more than to close his eyes and go back into slumber, Xu Shen made sure that Sun Hui got out of bed and went with him by dragging his body around like a rag doll to their destination.

This forced Sun Hui to reluctantly stay awake and trudge through his sleepy state in order to not get dirty from the floor. Sun Hui smacked Xu Shen off of him and sleepily followed him the rest of the way on his feet.

As they quietly made their way through the halls, Sun Hui's attention was drawn to the keys Xu Shen swung around cockily. Did he steal them?

Thinking about Xu Shen stealing from a warden, his mind went to Lu Jiang and then instinctively to Hou Feng. Knowing how attentive Lu Jiang was to Xu Shen and how his husband constantly watched over him like a hawk in past worlds, Sun Hui thought that they of all people would have to take notice of their activities and do something about it.

"What you worrying for?" Xu Shen whispered. "I can feel your anxiety all the way from here."

"What if we get caught?" Sun Hui finally gave in to the voice of his paranoia. "Surely your parole officer and supervisor will notice?"

"Jiang Jiang stops paying attention to what I do when her shift ends and she goes home, which was an hour ago. Anything else?" Xu Shen said calmly and confidently.

Sun Hui gulped, "Not all the officers can turn a blind eye to you."

"I already paid them off," Xu Shen waved. "All the ones on the shift are on my side. I told you already. As long as we are quiet and don't make a reason for them to actually discipline us, we will be fine."

Sun Hui wanted to know what money the inmate had in this prison. He must do some inside stuff that he was unaware of.

"What about the head warden? He's always here," Sun Hui asked. "Lately, he's been all over me."

He cringed after he said that. It sounded so slutty, but to be fair, Yang Bo had developed that personality after being flirty with so many guys for survival. It became second nature, almost.

"I heard stories about how you are a pretty thing that people like to grab. I wasn't aware the head warden was your new toy," he said sarcastically.

"N-no! I mean he won't leave me alone! He's been at every corner ever since..."

"Since...?" Xu Shen encouraged, stopping his walk.

"Well, he saved me from the Crusher, but it now appears Crusher isn't very happy with how things went. So, he insists on protecting me!" Sun Hui widened his eyes for effect.

Xu Shen remained silent for a long time, making Sun Hui uncomfortable. Did he say something wrong? Was it the mention of the head warden? If this was Li Tai, did he figure that the head was his estranged brother? The tension and suspense was killing Sun Hui. If he only he could get some kind of answer! He subconsciously began to fiddle with his ring. Then after awhile, the deafening silence was broken abruptly by Xu Shen's soft chuckle, which startled Sun Hui.

"You just have loads of problems following you, don't you? It probably will be better for you to leave this place if you got the Crusher after you. But I suppose the head warden keeping an eye out is a good thing...just make sure I'm the one around you when Jiang Jiang is near, okay?" Xu Shen said.

Before Sun Hui could respond, Xu Shen walked towards a big wooden barred door and pushed it open. It opened quietly despite the appearance, and led into a large open room with equipment that looked like it was used for some kind of training.