Will to Survive

Later that night

(Y/N) POV

We were all sitting together, just talking and laughing about while enjoying Mako's mom's croquettes. Seeing everyone getting along like this just fills me with happiness.

It was all good until Mako decided to ask a question.

Mako: (Y/N)! Do you have any stories from when you and Lady Satsuki were kids?

(Y/N): Jeez, I have plenty... But one that stuck with me forever had to do with a hippo.

Satsuki lowered her head. I noticed it and smirked.

Mako: A hippo!?

(Y/N): A stuffed plushie of one.

Nonon: Oh no...

(Y/N): So, back in kindergarten, before dad went away, Satsuki used to carry around a pink hippo plushie... What was his name again?

Nonon:*whispering* Mr. Cuddles.

Her hair was covering her face, but I could tell Satsuki started blushing.

(Y/N): Oh yeah... Mr. Cuddles.

Ryuko snickered, but covered her mouth.

(Y/N): So one day, this group of three assholes, who used to really spite us because we were from a rich ass family, managed to get their hands on the plushie. They cut the thing's back open with a scissor.

I looked at Mako and she was tearing up.

Mako: But you got Mr. Cuddles back in the end, right!?

(Y/N): Long story short, I ended up beating the shit out of those three and got the plushie back. Satsuki only stopped crying when we got home and Soroi sewed the cut back together.

Satsuki started taping her finger on the floor in embarrassment.

Mako: Yaaay!! Thank goodness Mr. Cuddles survived!

(Y/N): Yep. By the way, sis...

I turned to her with a teasing look and a huge smirk on my face.

(Y/N): You still sleep with him on your side?

Satsuki: N-no...

(Y/N): What was that? I didn't hear you.

Satsuki: Ah- No.

Ryuko had both her hands covering her mouth, struggling to hold her laugh.

(Y/N): Hey, Soroi. Can you confirm that?

Soroi: I have sworn an oath to not talk about Mr. Cuddles in public... Although I do still have to wash him from time to time.

Ryuko couldn't hold it anymore and let out a loud laughter.

(Y/N): I freaking knew it! You still cuddle with Mr. Cuddles!

She covered her face with both her hands. I finally broke her walls down.

Satsuki: I'm going to punch you in the face, (Y/N).

I lowered my head and pointed at my cheek.

(Y/N): I know you can't bring y-

*SMACK*

(Y/N): Fuck!

Everyone laughed along. Hell, even Gamagoori couldn't help but crack a smile.

Satsuki:*whispering* No one talks about Mr. Cuddles like that.

(Y/N): What was that, Satsuki?

Satsuki: Nothing that concerns you!