Chapter 1

America's P.O.V

2/7/2024

Dear diary,

Have you ever wondered what your destiny is?

What you were put on this planet to do?

Why you were put in the worst place at the worst time?

Well, of course, you haven't. You're a book.

But I have.

And I don't like it.

For all of you who don't know me, I'm America. Yes, thee America. I'm this super powerful country that represents one, if not, the best nation in the world. I was also a father to fifty-one.

I sighed and wondered why I even bothered to try this. It wasn't like anything was wrong with my life, nor did I have some super important information that needed to be kept a secret. 

No.

Maybe I was bored, or maybe I was just seeking a place where my mind could rest. Either way, this was a childish idea. 

My pen fumbled on the smooth page, as accidental lines were drawn all over it. My brain was blanking on what to do. 

I hated when it did that.

Eventually, I just started to put down as many thoughts as I could onto the paper. I was hoping that it would inspire me, but it only brought me to dead-ends. 

My hand placed my pen down, as they circled up to my head. I subconsciously rubbed my eye bags with my fingers, as I let all the weight crash down upon them. It felt nice to sit there, the unbroken silence settling in around me. It had been a while where nothing major was happening.

Each year brought new challenges, but it seemed that they were calming down. No new movements were running rampant, no new political agendas, and no changes in my relations with the rest of the world.

In all honesty, it felt too perfect.

"Dad! You got something in the mail, should I bring it up?" One of my states shouted.

"No! I should bring it upstairs!" That was Florida, he was always a competitive one. 

"What about me? I'm the tallest, so I'll get there the fastest." Texas intervened.

"Be quiet, Texas!" New York and Florida yelled.

I then started to hear chants of 'Florida' and 'New York' along with a few thumps. That was when I knew that I had to do something before things escalated like they had last time. 

"Don't worry about it, I'll come and get it. Oh, Oregon, Washington, pull apart your brothers for me." I instructed. 

I heard multiple huffs of disappointment come from the living room along with the occasional yelling of Florida saying "Let me at 'em!" 

I quickly shut my diary, stuffed it in my drawer, and fled to the scene of the crime. Once I got there, I was bombarded with the unusual sight of Florida snapping at New York, Florida pulling at the restraints that Oregon or Washington put him in. New York was also held by a pair of restraints, but he looked more bored than angry. 

When I entered the room, Florida looked at me and I could see his eyes shrink back in fear. New York also turned to me and his eyes widened. I sighed, what will I do with these kids?