Part 38: Jackass - the movie or person?

Hey guys! New chapter is out and it's a long one. Hope you're all well!!

"You get the popcorn, I'll go get the tickets," Isaac let go of my hand and walked up to the counter to buy movie tickets.

I agreed and wondered off towards the confectionary bar and picked a medium sized tub of popcorn off the heat trays, then moved on to examine the lollies.

My phone buzzed in my pocket and an unlisted number appeared on the screen.

Unknown:*hope you're having a good day*

My brows pulled together. Who the hell was this? I couldn't recognise the number and knew it wouldn't have been Alyssa. Even still, I messaged her to see if it was.

Me:*hey, did you message me?*

She responded within seconds.

Alyssa:*nup. soz. But wanna catch up?*

Me:*can't. at movies.*

I picked a random bag of lollies and walked up to the counter without straying from my pone.

Who could it be?

I tried not to let the niggling thought in the back of my head tell me that it was Kingston. There's no way he'd text me after how we'd left things yesterday - I'd left the house quietly and without even saying goodbye, and thought about what had happened the whole drive home.

Did Kingston really want to kiss me? Surely it had all been in my head. I'd slumped in the carseat at a set of traffic lights and figured that surely all the tension between us was just in my head.

I replayed the moment in the kitchen before we were interrupted by Lucy. The feeling of his breath on my face felt just as raw now as it did earlier. Tingles shot through me as I stood in line at the confectionary counter and I was a bit worried my knees would buckle.

A pit formed in my stomach. I realised that these were the exact feelings I'd felt for Isaac when we'd first started going out.

"Twelve-fifty." Said the cashier and I tapped my card, still engrossed in my thoughts and left to wait in front of the movie theatre for Isaac.

How could this happen. I was doing the exact thing that Isaac was so insecure about.

Not if I don't act on it I'm not, I thought.

"You only got the medium popcorn?" Demanded Isaac, frustration clear in his voice as he huffed.

"Yeah, I didn't think we'd need the big one," I mumbled, trying not to let my thoughts show on my face - not that he'd notice anyway.

"And you got snakes? You know I don't like this brand," he whined and walked into the movie theatre. I trailed behind him slowly.

Well... maybe my crush on Kingston wasn't the worst thing in the world. I rolled my eyes at Isaac's back and stuck my tongue out at him.

We took our seats and I reached into the tub of popcorn to take a handful. After I did, Isaac huffed and moved the popcorn away.

"Don't start eating it til the movies starts; if you had've gotten the large it would be fine but we might not have enough now."

My phone buzzed in my pocket and I pulled it out.

*that's fine. come over after. miss u x* Alyssa sent to me and I quickly sent her a response.

I flicked back onto the message from the unknown sender and decided to respond.

*Thank you, just quickly, who is this?*