Bonus Chapter: Part One

Kalon; beauty that is more than skin deep.

My feet scurried themselves, leaving alone the cheese that I was grating on the kitchen counter as the doorbell rang, finally blessing my ears by providing them with the sound they were yearning to listen to since the past two hours.

I opened the door to find my husband, standing at the door, wearing the same overcoat he had on when he left in the morning. The beautiful skin of his cheeks was adorned with a slight pink tint existing as an obvious indicator of how quickly the cold was catching up to him. The strands of his hair had a few snowflakes stuck in them as he rubbed his hands together to keep himself warm.

I watched him enter the house that we had spent a lot of time designing with the biggest smile of my face because I couldn't stomach what I had to tell him and see his reaction after I had. He chuckled slightly as I jumped into his arms, not wasting one moment and making him drop his bag. He sighed in relief a moment after and placed a soft but lingering kiss on my temple as his hold tightened around me.

"I have something to tell you," both of us spoke at the same time as we broke our hug apart.

The excitement on his face was so evident that even though I was bubbling up on the inside to let him know my news, I let him go ahead. "You go first," I offered.

"Okay, I'm really excited, so I won't even argue this time," he replied, accepting my offer. "Hold your breath," he dramatically said, making me let out a chuckle. "I finally got our wedding video!"

This really was a miracle because we'd been married for almost a year now but there was always some mash-up happening with our wedding video. First, there was some problem with the company, and then every time Noah went to collect, he hated the editing so he would just make them re-do it all over again because the perfectionist in him wouldn't allow him to let it slide. So, the fact that he had actually gotten it was pretty unbelievable.

"Oh, my God, finally!" I exclaimed.

Noah nodded his head, agreeing with my reaction. "I can't wait to watch it, Syd. I'm gonna go freshen up," he said, quickly pecking my lips and running up the stairs. I just decided to postpone telling him my news since he was so excited about this. I didn't feel like stealing the thunder of this wedding video because my information was definitely much more significant. I went back to the kitchen and grazed the pasta that I had made with cheese, knowing Noah would come whining about how hungry he is.

He was absolutely right though; I couldn't wait to watch it either. It was undoubtedly the best day of my life. But the weird thing was, every day with Noah felt that way. This was our new normal, but it wasn't ordinary, not one minute I spent with Noah could be labelled as ordinary. I was habituated to it, sure, but that didn't mean my heart didn't flutter every time he kissed me or my eyes didn't fill with pride whenever I saw him in the field of his work.

"SYD! I'm famished; I thought if we could just eat dinner while we watch the video," he requested, as he made his way down the stairs. As I said, everything could be delayed, but food? Never.

Currently, it had been two years since he had proposed to me in Budapest. It took us one whole year to plan the wedding, and with the way Noah was trying to perfect about every little detail, I think we finished planning it very soon. Every time someone asked why he was fretting about every single little thing all he proceeded to say was and I quote, 'I don't know about you, but I only plan to get married once in this lifetime so sue me for wanting everything to be perfect.'

Some people end up with guys who aren't interested with the whole wedding planning but contrary to that, my fiance, literally enjoyed every second of scolding hundreds of people which sometimes included me too but still somehow both of us (with lots of other helping hands, of course) ended up creating the exact wedding we had desired.