part xxiii.

I was fuming when I stepped off the bus

I was fuming when I stepped off the bus. I couldn't even listen to music because it distracted me from the rage fuelled thought running rampage through my brain—yeah, that angry.

With clenched fists, I storm down the pavement to the front entrance of the school. Redheaded, bitchy Lindsay was stepping out her black BMW with the driver holding the door open at me.

She scoffs while fixing the black beret on her head, "Aww, you couldn't afford those pair of shoes you wanted, Kara? How unfortunate for you"

"Aww, you could afford that boob job, Lindsay? How good for you." I snap back as Lindsay's jaw drop.

I didn't have the time to stop, I was on a war path. Students glance at me as I storm through the entrance, my gaze glancing at everyone and everything. I was trying to spot one person but he wasn't here.

I bet that little evil demon spawn was hiding somewhere.

I climb up the wooden curling staircase to the second floor. I glare at those who I make eye contact with and I noticed some were visibly shaken.

Eventually, I spot the familiar group of boys at the end of the hall. They were all sitting standing by the large window, the morning sun shining through the glass behind them. There were three other girls standing with them, all with big dopey large grins on their face.

I focus my glare on the one in the middle. I march down the hall, through the ocean of finely-dressed students who were all making their way to their respective classes. Slowly, our gazes meet and his usual, bright expression twists and contorts into something of pure fear. 

I charge towards him, "You." 

"Kara! Kara, I had good intentions I swear!" Auggie says as the rest of the group all turn and stare at me with confused expression. 

"Good intentions?" I scoff as I hold up the tiny piece of clothing in my hand, "What the hell is good about this pillowcase?" 

"Uh...you in it?" Auggie gives me a sheepish smile as I lunge for him, but suddenly a body slips in between us. I end up face planting into his hard chest and I stumble back. My gaze shifts up to his face. 

"Move. I must kill him." I clench my jaw. 

"Not here, Kara." Scott replies as our hard, scorching gazes clash. It was like a staring battle of death and fire, one just waiting for the other to give in and burn. 

"You really don't think I'll scale you like a damn tree, Scott?" I grumble under my breath with a raised eyebrow as Scott's jaw clenches, alerting me to the fact that he wasn't moving anytime soon. I take a step back and shrug with a small smirk, "Okay, suit yourself." 

Then, point five of a second later, I was jumping up and throwing myself of Scott's shoulder. He catches my waist in his hands but I was already half way over his shoulder. I stretch my arms out to Auggie who had pressed himself against the wall and was now screaming bloody murder.