Chapter 1

"Someone is trying to break through your ward," I said mockingly with my coarse voice. 

The man sitting under the silver leaved trees just nodded calmly once then he returned his focus back to the chess board in front of him.

"The ward is shaking," I said in a singsong voice, not that I could sing anymore. Not since thousands of years ago. "Are you getting old? Are you getting weaker?" I taunted. 

The man placed a chess piece on the board with a tiny sigh. He stood up and turned to me. "Do you want to battle to test it out?" he said calmly. A sword appeared in his hand. 

He meant it, then I would be defeated once again, like thousands of times before. I flicked my tail and subtly swam a bit further away from him. "Why are you so easily provoked these day?" I taunted again, trying to hide my fright. "Getting old?"

He sighed subtly like he was facing an ill tempered, spoiled child. It's very subtle, but I could still catch it. I squeezed my brows in annoyance. What did he mean by that? That I was unreasonable? A child in his eyes? 

"If you're bored," he said in his calm voice as he threw something at me. I caught them before they sank into the lake, they were several romance novels and a bag of candies. 

"Satisfied now?" he asked. 

I flicked my tail in annoyance and cried, "I am not a child! You can't bribe me with these!" 

"Of course you're not a child," he comforted in his soothing calm voice. Just like someone comforting an unreasonable child throwing a tantrum. 

"I am four thousand, five hundred and thirty three years old already!" 

He walked towards the lake I had been residing in for more than three thousand years and knelt down. He turned his hand and another bag of candies appeared in his hand and said calmly, "This is the last bag I have with me." 

No matter how much time had passed, I was still a child in his eyes. I created a wave with my tail. As the wave splashed over him, I grabbed the bag of candies on his hand and swam back into the bottom of the lake. Back into my prison. 

If he was not worried about those people attacking the ward, then so be it. Why should I be worried? He was a god, he should know better. Better yet, if the ward was destroyed and while he was dealing with those mortals, I could escape amidst the turmoil. A smirk slipped on my face just by thinking this. 

Who was I kidding? I rebutted myself immediately after that. Even if those mortals were that strong and could occupy him for a few minutes, which I highly doubt they could, I could not leave this lake. There's a spell chaining me to this lake. Even if I could break the spell, there's still another spell on me. I could not get rid of my tail. I could not transform the tail into legs, not since our defeat. Not since he sealed me into this lake like the prisoner I was. 

Dreams were best left to be dreams. I re-educated myself and swam into my place in the deep lake. I flopped onto my oyster shaped bed and started reading the romance novels he brought me. 

'Genius healer and her cold, dark and brutal husband.'

'Gentle Discarded Queen and her genius son.'

"The Merciless Emperor pampered Wife'

'The Great Beauty Rachelle- how the ethereal beauty captures the hearts of the gods'

I tore the last novel at the sight of the title. Just what's up with these novels? I humphed in anger as I swam back up to shore. 

"What's up with those novels?"I screamed in anger. "The quality is getting poorer and poorer. Do you think you can dismiss me with just these? I want some substance. Not these rubbish about genius pampered wives and whatnot! And absolutely not about that stupid Rachelle! Rachelle, a beauty? A beauty?"  

That annoying man was back to his seat below the trees where silver leaves were fluttering down around him. 

"I thought you would love to read about your old friend." 

"Rachelle is not my old friend! And I don't want to read about her reviving the god of light again! It's an interesting gossip two hundred years ago, but it's the same thing for two hundred years already!"

"Ah right, it's been two hundred years already." He drummed his fingers on the chess board in front of him. It's his tick of him being annoyed. And I knew what was annoying him. 

"Yes, two hundred long years. And, yet, Rachelle's soul is still wandering outside freely with her lovely husband. Shouldn't Rachelle be dead the moment she died?" I smiled evilly. 

"It's against order to bring someone from death back to life," he stated simply, but the tiny frown on his face betrayed his annoyance.

"Oh sacred god of order, you should go out and put things to right again. This is a disturbance to order," I sweet talked in a singsong manner. Even though I had already gotten used to my coarse harsh voice, annoyance and sadness still flickered through my heart. My voice had been ruined from the moment we were defeated by the gods. 

We were defeated, so it's our fate to be killed, to be sealed into the deep woods, to be imprisoned by gods. 

 A gentle tap on my forehead brought me back to reality. "I am not going to leave you here alone," he said as he knelt before me and looked me in my eyes.

As if he was caring for me. I rolled my eyes. He was just afraid I would escape in his absence and then I would be the bigger disturbance to the order of the world. Come on, nearly all my powers was stripped away by him and I could not even leave water without drying to death, how could I run away? 

And what's annoying him was that he could not simply send out a puppet of him, just like what he did when he was settling trivial matter in the woods or buying things in the mortal world, because this time he would be facing the god of light. Someone as powerful as him. He had to face the god of light and the root of his annoyance Rachelle himself in person. That's why he had not set out to settle matter with them after two hundred years. 

He had simply sent letters after letters to instill order into them. And guess what? Did the god of light listen to him? Of course not. 

Well as long as Rachelle did not create more disturbance to the world, I would still be his first priority. But, knowing Rachelle, even if she was just a revived soul in a puppet's body, it's just a matter of time before she did something spectacular. 

I just had to bide my time. I thought evilly. 

-----------------

Author's note

A new story! I hope you like it! Do tell me what you think! Currently update will be 1-2 times per week! See you next time!

P.S. Rachelle is a side character from my previous story 'The Villainess who has Reborn Five Times'