17

"..Why is he here?" Kane pointed towards Ezra who's quietly sitting beside me.

"We're friends now~! Ehe~ Hehehe~"

I couldn't contain my happiness, I am currently sitting with Ezra during lunch break and he willingly followed me without saying anything~

"Credence-sama, it's rude to leave a girl like that!" Elizabeth bursts through the door of the rooftop.

"Get away from me!" I screamed as I used Kane as a body shield. After suffering in detention, I've been more vocal about my feelings towards her. It's not that I hate her-

I JUST DON'T LOOK AT GIRLS THAT WAY. And I can't suddenly blurt out that I only like guys, atleast not now!

"Credence, she's your fiancee-" Kane tried to scoot away from me but I held him in place.

"Credence-sama, do you really hate me that much?" Elizabeth had her head held down as she clutches her uniform.

"Ah~ look what you've done, you've made your little fiancee cry" Ezra stated as he observed everything.

"I-I-I-" I didn't know how to deal with this, I feel guilty.

"WAHHHHHHhhhhhhh.......!" Her cries slowly fades away as she ran.

"Isn't that too harsh?" Kane faced me with worry.
"Why are you avoiding her now? I thought you'd comply to your parent's arrangement, you didn't seem to mind her clinging on you before"

"I don't.. like her that way"

"Isn't it easier to just break the engagement off?" Ezra once again butted in.

"He can't, it's his parents-" Kane tried to answer for me but I cut him off before he could.

"You're right, I should talk to Elizabeth first though"

...

After school, I stopped Elizabeth before she could exit the class. She agreed to talk with me for a bit, so I led her to a bench outside of school so we could talk.

"I'm sorry" I started.

She seemed taken aback and wanted to reply but I continued.

"But I don't think I could let our parents forcefully wed us like this, I don't like you that way, I'm sorry" I tried looking brave by staring into her eyes but that failed after 10 seconds.

Is she going to throw a tantrum? Why is she awfully quiet? I fidgeted with my fingers, afraid to face her.

"I know"

"What?"

"I know, you don't like me from the start but maybe it was just wishful thinking that one day you would be able to return my feelings.." She sighs before placing her head back into the bench.

Is this even her? Elizabeth Rose?! Who is this?!

"I don't like the fact that I was being married off to a total stranger but after meeting you, even if I was annoying and clingy, you didn't push me away. Maybe I just took that as a sign that maybe you liked me, but I guess I was wrong" She lightly chuckled bitterly.

"..If it was the old me, I'm sure I would've fallen inlove with you" Unfortunately, I wasn't the Credence that she knew. It's true, if the heroine doesn't choose that particular male lead, that male lead would end up with their villainess. A happy ending.

"What do you mean?" She looks at me weirdly, clearly confused by my words. I accidentally thought out loud without meaning too. Oops!

"N-Nothing!" I send her a smile before seriously stating,

"I'm sure you'll find someone better than me, they would be lucky to have you, I'm sure of it" And that was the truth, being able to love someone when that someone wouldn't even pay them any attention is hard

"Unfortunately, I'm not that person. Friends?" I rubbed my neck nervously. She just smiled and nodded at my proposal.

"..Can I ask you a question?"

"Go ahead, anything!" I'm relieved that we finally resolved this. Now I just had to deal with my parents.

"Are you gay?"

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
[M/N]: AAAAAAAAAAAA!

It's obvious though.

[M/N]: UWAHHHHHHH! ∑(゚Д゚)