Chapter 15

Always read Author's note.

_______________________________________

Third Person POV

Heat was just around the corner and each house was preparing in various ways. Every house was making different use of the stadium. The stadium was pretty big so it was easy to do that without getting distracted.

Blue house was practicing their track events. Green house was on the field in between the stadium warming up. Red house was at a corner, practicing their discus and shot put throw. Yellow house was practicing their high and long jump at another corner as well.

Blue house and green house were the greatest rivals of all time due to the fact that they were always dragging medals. So, when Blue house started to get ready for their two by two mock race, every athlete in green house was on their toes, watching and looking for weaknesses.

"Why is every one so bent on watching blue house run?" Elyon asked Vanessa who was seated beside her on the green grass drinking from her water bottle.

"It's like tradition here already so it's no surprise. Blue and Green house are always at war every inter house sport year. Because inter house sport is every three years, I wasn't in this school for the last one, but everyone knows about it. Somadina gave me the gist. The greatest rivalry of all time." Vanessa explained and Elyon widened her eyes.

"Med o. That's pretty intense. Who is the fastest senior boy and girl in Blue house?" She asked Vanessa again.

"That would be Mateo and Skye. That's why they are being paired to run together. It helps them get better. Look." Nessa pointed to the starting line where Mateo and Skye were standing and talking to their coach.

Elyon looked around and saw that every green house athlete had their eyes on those two. Skye and Mateo were at the beginning of the track as they turned around and began to do a steady warm up as they got ready for the race.

"On your mark." Blue house coach hollered and the duo got on their knees. Everyone kept watching, even other houses had stopped their training to watch.

"Set..." He placed the whistle on the tip of his lips and the duo went up a bit. In a second the whistle went and the duo took off, raising dusts.

Skye and Mateo were the fastest in the school. When they were both in junior school as at the last inter house sport, they were just the fastest in Junior school but due to all the training and inter school competitions, they now the fastest in the entire school.

Everyone looked at them till they got to the finish line and it was a draw. Elyon let out a breath she didn't know she was holding.

"That was intense. Damn, I doubt I can top that I know I'm very fast." Elyon said and Vanessa chuckled with an hint of mockery.

"It's all of you that want to kill yourself on top inter house sport. Me, I cannur stress. That's why I'm on water and glucose duty." Vanessa teased and Elyon shot her a mock glare.

"Shut your trap. Lazy thing." She rolled her eyes.

"Everyone gather around." They heard coach Adesola holler and every athlete came together. Someone plopped down beside Elyon and she turned to see Jamal, who flashed her a smile. They have barely spoken all day because he was assigned to train all senior athletes, both track and field.

"Did you see that?!" Coach yelled and the front row seat had to lean back with the amount of saliva that splashed from his mouth.

"They are getting faster every sports year. They look unbeatable, which means we have more work to do. Jamal, this is not the time for you to be slacking." He pointed to Jamal.