xxxix. riders of rohan

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑻𝑯𝑰𝑹𝑻𝒀 𝑵𝑰𝑵𝑬
❝ 𝒓𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝒓𝒐𝒉𝒂𝒏 ❞

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

HAVING ENOUGH OF GIMLI'S AND CORIN'S endless and infuriating chatter about her strange predicament with a certain Mirkwood Prince, Vera decides to depart from the group to assist Aragorn in his search for a trail

HAVING ENOUGH OF GIMLI'S AND CORIN'S endless and infuriating chatter about her strange predicament with a certain Mirkwood Prince, Vera decides to depart from the group to assist Aragorn in his search for a trail. With one last fleeting, murderous glare directed towards Corin and his new companion, and a cautiously made shift from her spot to Aragorn's location, Vera stands next to the Ranger with a loud huff and an annoyed expression on her gorgeous face.

Legolas moves away from the duo, standing stiffly beside Corin and Gimli, who banter with one another about their swordsmanship. He would've joined along, fully aware that he would be a great opponent if a petty battle were to commence, but his attention was directed elsewhere. Lately, his own thoughts have been aimed towards the same musings that haunt Vera's mind, and continue to circle around the kiss and his feelings, which he hopes to be mutual.

Similar to Vera's situation, Legolas was just as dumbfounded by the circumstances thrown at him, completely unaware and rendered helpless in the situation. Personally, Legolas quite liked the kiss; it was soft, gentle, and downright sweet with the slightest hint of passion and heat. He could still feel the unfamiliar rush of adrenaline and passion in his veins, consuming his very being with the mere thought of being so close to Vera and finally being able to be granted his mutual desires. Of course, the ellon didn't have much experience with lip-locking, seeing as he is a prince who mostly kept to himself and disregarded ellith generally, finding no interest towards them except for Tauriel, who he has never truly did anything with.

However, the outburst from the girl he had kissed confused him and worried him to no end; he had stayed awake throughout the whole night, trying to fashion his thoughts in an organized manner but his mission did not succeed, as he still suffers from the doubt in his mind. He wondered if Vera felt something for him, if his feelings are reciprocated this time. The prospect of having another woman deny him his love brought him to a saddened state, which was easily concealed by an emotionless façade. He hoped that Vera did match his own feelings, knowing very well in his heart that he could treat her right and treat her like the Queen she is. Legolas was entirely sure that he adored Vera Adelaide...he just didn't know if those feelings were returned.

The doubt in his mind brought him to an extremely frustrated condition. The prince wasn't accustomed to being unaware of what to do, nor did he quite appreciate the awkwardness between him and the princess, but he certainly didn't know what to do about it. He would often reflect back on his life in Mirkwood; his sisters, his parents' love, and even Tauriel, in hopes of finding some sort of solace but to no avail. Thus begins the journey of meaningless ignorance and immature situations.