Chapter 22

The next day when Dick went down for breakfast, he saw that Bruce and Danny were already there. He took a seat in his usual spot. Bruce looked up at him. "Good morning."

"Morning." He replied picking up a piece of toast. He looked over at Danny who was silently munching on a handful of blueberries. He still looked healthy, so Bruce continued to let him eat what he wanted.

"How was your trip?" Danny asked nonchalantly.

"It was fun," Dick answered. "I learned a lot. Oh, by the way, I won't be coming home right after school. I have a meeting with the Academic Team. Will you be okay?"

Danny nodded, "That's fine. I actually needed to head into town myself."

"Oh," Dick was surprised, to say the least. "Okay... have fun..."

The two finished their breakfast and Alfred took them to school. On the way there, Danny realized that he was going to need to come up with an excuse as to why he wouldn't be coming home right after school on days he went to the cave. Maybe he could find a club that Dick wasn't in and say he had joined that...

~time skip~

After school, Danny and Dick went their separate ways. Danny watched from the school gates as Artemis and Dick headed towards the phone box. He would give them a bit of a head start.

After a few minutes, he went ghost and flew to the phone box. He got there right as Artemis was walking in. Danny flew into the box, and let it take him to the secret hideout.

When he entered the cave, he didn't see anyone else around. "Strange..." he walked into the living room but saw no one there either. He was starting to get worried when he heard the faintest laugh. A smile tugged at his lips as he looked up to the ceiling.

Megan was hovering the entire team off the ground using her powers. Danny looked up at them, "You really shouldn't try sneaking up on a guy who has enhanced senses."

Megan lowered them to the ground and blushed. "It was Wally's idea..."

Wally rolled his eyes, "Sure put all of the blame on me!" everyone laughed.

Danny looked over at Megan, "That's a pretty neat power you have."

"You think so?" she blushed. "I can also read people's minds. But don't worry! I won't read your mind without your permission!"

Zatanna looked at the others, "You know, we made Danny show off his powers, we should show him what we can do." They all agreed and went back to the training room.

Wally went first. Danny knew he could run fast, but it was another thing seeing it in action. Danny could fly pretty fast himself; they would have to have a race sometime. Wally would probably win.

One by one, each of the heroes showed off their talents. By the end, Danny was pretty impressed. After that, they decided to play 20 questions as a sort of ice breaker.

"Where did you grow up?"

He bit his lip, "I uh... I don't want to talk about my personal life too much... sorry..."

"Don't worry about it." Artemis smiled at him, "If we ask anything you don't want to talk about, just say pass."

"What's your favorite color?"

"Blue."

"Favorite video game?"

"Doomed."

"Do you have any pets?"

He smiled, "Yeah, a puppy. His name is Cujo." His eyes lit up, "You want to meet him?"

They looked at him confused, "You brought him with you?"

Danny laughed and stood up, "Not exactly..." he concentrated and formed a portal to the Ghost Zone. Everyone's eyes widened with surprise. He poked his head through the portal and whistled a few times. He then pulled his head out, "he'll be here in a second..."

A moment later, barking was heard from the other side of the portal. Suddenly, something green came flying out of the portal and tackled Danny. He started laughing as Cujo liked his face. "I know... I know... I missed you too..." he looked up at the others. "Meet Cujo..."

Conner stared at the puppy. "It's green..."

Danny laughed as he continued to pet his dog. "I know. A lot of my friends are green too."

"So... he's like you?" Dick asked. Danny nodded. "Interesting..."

Danny gave him one more pat, "Okay boy, it's time for you to go home. Tell Frostbite I'll stop by again soon." Cujo gave him one more lick before flying into the Ghost Zone.

"What is that place?" Kaldur asked.

Danny sighed as he closed the portal. "I can't tell you that. Sorry." He looked up at the clock, "I should probably be going..." they all said their goodbyes and Danny left through the Zeta Tube. 

(A/N - Hello everyone! :) I hope you all are having a fantastic day!!! :) Thanks for reading, I hope you like it so far! Stay whelmed and go ghost!)