27

"It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."
– J. K Rowling

Bella's pov

One week, one whole week has passed without us talking to Xander.

He didn't come to school for the entire week, kept on calling Jacob to apologize but he just couldn't answer, not right now.

This week has been tough for all of us. We were trying to pretend that things were normal but it really wasn't. Even my mom could tell.

Taylor and Cole officially got together, they confessed to each other that night and got closer afterwards. Cole was dealing with a lot as well, he didn't know whose side to pick. Taylor helped him in this situation, she stood by him, and comforted him.

Jacob's still hurt but I know he miss spending time with both of them. He just wants more time to process things. Luckily he'll be getting more free time as he is going away for the weekend to New York to the event his parents invited us too.

I wanted to go as well but I am not feeling well lately, I keep getting sick, and have been vomiting since the past couple of days.

I think the recent events have caused me too much stress, because of which my health is getting effected.

I asked to go with Jacob, and told him that it's nothing to worry about, but he didn't listen. He made me go to the doctor, who took some random tests, and ordered me to stay at my place and look after my health for the entire weekend. He even asked his housekeeper to look after me, while he is gone.

"All this isn't necessary baby" I say to him while making a cute face.

"No need to act cute, I won't be able to go knowing that you might get sick. So that's why this is all very important. Unless you don't want me to go and look after you myself" he teases, "Although I do wanna keep you for myself, I'll have to let you go for your parents." I say while pouting.

He chuckles, "You are so cute cupcake" he says and gives me a kiss.

"Promise you'll take care of yourself when I am gone?" He asks one more time.

"I promise" I say while hugging him.

"I'll miss you so much." He says, "I'll miss you even more. Come back as soon as possible, okay?"

"I will" he says.

"I love you" I finally say before letting him go. "I love you too cupcake."

And with this he gets inside his car, and leaves for New York.

I hear my phone ring, "Hello, May I speak to Ms Bella Grey" the lady on the phone says.

"Speaking" I tell her, "Ma'am we are speaking from the hospital, your tests results came in." She tells me.

"Okay, what does it say?" I ask her politely, "Ma'am you are pregnant. We would like for you to come by later so that we can conduct more tests. It's an early pregnancy, and so there can be many risks." She speaks which leaves me shocked.

"I am pregnant?" I ask her once again to check if I heard correctly, "Yes Ma'am, I'll give you some time to process this information. You can call us back to book an appointment." She speaks and ends the call.

How could this be possible, we were so careful while doing it. We used protection every single time.

Why is everything falling apart already.

How can I have a baby right now in my life? What about my future, how will I complete my studies with a baby on its way.

I start panicking about this.

What will I tell my mom, who has so many dreams for me. How will I take care of my family while being pregnant.

I soon start regretting things. I should've waited to take that step.

I know Jacob will support me no matter what, but am I ready to take another responsibility upon myself.

I decide to call Jacob, I can't handle this situation without him. I need him right now.

I need him so much.

"Baby, don't tell me you miss me already" he speaks as soon as he picks up my call,
"I need to tell you something important" I speak while crying,
"Elle what happened? Why are you crying? Is everything okay? I still am in a car I can come back if you want" he starts speaking in his worried tone.

"I am pregnant Jacob, I don't know what to do" I tell him the news.

"What" he says but continues "baby don't worry okay? We'll get through this together okay. Please stop crying. I love you always and forever. I am coming right back baby don't worry" he speaks and I hear him tell the driver to take a turn.

"I am coming back, cupcake" he says last before I hear a extremely loud scary noise, I hear his screams I know it's his voice and the call gets disconnected.

————————————————