𝟬𝟭𝟮 a night to remember

CHAPTER TWELVE

CHAPTER TWELVE.
a night to remember

     IT WAS DARK by the time the remainder of the guests had arrived, nightfall surging its way through the day and casting shadows over every empty crevice and vacancy on the small island — everywhere except the Island Club, where it glowed with ...

     IT WAS DARK by the time the remainder of the guests had arrived, nightfall surging its way through the day and casting shadows over every empty crevice and vacancy on the small island — everywhere except the Island Club, where it glowed with joy and laughter whilst the guests danced and drank their problems away. And whilst the rest of the party were having the time of their lives, Nova Van Kirk couldn't wait for it to finally end, so she could go home and rest her head against her soft pillow.

     Was Midsummers always this boring? Nova asked herself, the girl resting her back against the wall, her arms crossed over her chest whilst she watched the party unfold right in front of her. She watched as her parents conversed with the Cameron's, smiles on their faces, whilst the youngsters crowded around each other in front of the band, dancing to their hearts content. Nova did consider joining Sarah at first. They were on good terms again, so it wouldn't be the strangest thing to come out of this night.

But, truth is, Nova wanted to stay hidden. That was why the girl thought now was the perfect time to make a quick break for it. Her parents were distracted, so she could easily sneak out without arousing suspicion. That's exactly what Nova decided to do, the girl sighing quietly, before she pushed herself off the wall and brushed past many strangers as a pathetic attempt to escape from the party.

However, Nova was caught off guard when the blonde felt a hand snake around her wrist and pull her back. At first, Nova was just about ready to smack whoever destroyed her devious plan to sneak out of the party, but when she turned around and saw none other than JJ Maybank standing in front of her, dressed in a suit with a smirk tugging at his lips whilst he looked Nova up and down. The sight of the boy in all his glory was enough to make Nova smile back at him.

"Wow..." JJ breathed out, the sight of Nova in her dress being admirable from where he stood, his small smirk soon turning into a heartwarming smile.