³⁰, YOU & ME GOT A WHOLE LOT OF MEMORIES

𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐂𝐊𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐄
chapter thirty; You & Me Got A Whole Lot Of Memories
Like you're not just making it through the day, you're risking it all, and I suppose running the risk was worth it. "

  THE SEVENTH YEAR of Salem Gerard was coming to an end

  THE SEVENTH YEAR of Salem Gerard was coming to an end. In all honesty, when Salem realized she had a mere three more nights inside Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardy, she was terrified.

  But she didn't let that fear control her, anymore.

  "Alright, Sal," Sirius clapped, hopping over the back of the common room sofa and finding comfort beside Remus Lupin, "We have an end of year tradition, and this one is very, very important."

  "Because it's the last one?"

  "'Cause you're a part of it."

  Salem smiled lightly, turning her head when the stairs to the boys' dormitory creaked just slightly. Down came James Potter, joining his chosen brothers, Dottie Fitzgerald, Lily Evans, and his girlfriend whose beauty consistently shocked him.

  "That time already?" James asked, kissing Salem's cheek before perching on the chair of the arm she occupied.

  "Well, we ride those boats in three days," Remus cleared his throat as Sirius sunk into his side, "Hogwarts graduates— how about that?"

  "I always knew it was coming," Lily spoke over her steaming mug of tea, "But it doesn't feel real, now that it's here."

  Salem agreed silently, before outstretching her hand towards the girl. Lily laughed, but sipped the tea before passing it to Salem, who smiled and followed suit.

  "Alright, so," Sirius began, grinning wildly, "Every year, we go around and tell our favorite memory."

  Dottie furrowed her brows.

  "It seems boring, but it's not, swear."

  "Here, I'll start," Peter offered, sitting up fully, "My favorite memory this year was surely Dottie and I's first date. I was terrified to ask her, but, um, I'm glad my friends encouraged me to do it. We were nervous at first, but soon enough, we were talking long into the night."

  Dottie smiled, squeezing Peter's hand.

  "Mine was easy," James grinned, leaning back as his smile oozed charisma, "When Sal kissed me the first time."

  "That's all we get?"

  "Yeah, you perve!"

  "Share, you prude!"

  "She's a bloody peach to kiss," James shouted back at Sirius, whose grin read pride, "It— I dunno, it was like magic— like, beyond any kind we've know. Like pure magic. Better than flying. Better than casting a Patronus, or drinking Firewhiskey, or scoring a goal! Just. . . magic."