28

"The deepest feeling always shows itself in silence; not in silence, but restraint."
– Marianne Moore

Bella's pov

I have never been more scared in my life than I am right now. Praying continuously for Jacob's life.

The voice I heard was his car getting hit by another one, apparently a drunk driver being the reason behind it.

Someone from the scene reported it immediately to the hospital.

He is in a severe condition, his driver died on the stop, but he is still fighting for his life right now.

I feel numb sitting here in this chair, not knowing what my future holds anymore.

I haven't spoken a single word since that call, I just remember receiving a call from the hospital and rushing here with Cole. Taylor and Xander are here as well, both of Jacob's best friends crying while sitting on the floor.

I am not even able to cry. I am no longer able to feel any emotion.

His parents are here as well, his mom sitting right next to me unable to control herself. His dad is trying to look stable but I know he is not. How could they be.

"The patient wants to talk to all of you. We don't think he has much time left. We tried to do everything to save him, but nothing is working right now." The doctor says when Jacob's dad ask him about his condition.

Tears finally start to fall out from my eyes. Unable to say anything. How can this happen.

Why does this have to happen to good and nice people. First god took my dad away from me and ruined my entire life and now the next best thing in my life. My love being taken by god.

His parents rush in to meet him, both with tears in there eyes. His mother comes out after some time, "Bella, he is asking for you dear" she says with her crying voice. I nod at her.

I wipe away my tears, he can't see me crying, it'll break him even more. I try to compose myself then walk into the room.

I see him, the most amazing good hearted human being lying on hospital bed and this sight breaks my heart.

"Cupcake" he speaks, while crying himself. His voice isn't clear because of all the pain he is in right now. "Shh, baby please don't cry. I am right here with you. Everything will be okay. You can't just go like this, the doctors will save you, god can't take you away from me like that." I start speaking and feel his hand move, gesturing for me to hold him. I hold his hand in mine.

"Jacob you can't leave us" I say, "trust me cupcake I don't want to" he speaks while tears falling out of his eyes, I keep on wiping them away from my other hand.

"I want you to promise me something cupcake" he says, "anything" I reply.

"Promise me you'll take best care of yourself, and our baby. Promise you'll take all the help from everyone. Promise me that you'll find happiness again in your life. I can't leave knowing that you won't, you know" he speaks, replaying our conversation from earlier today,

"Then don't leave please, stay with me. Don't leave me alone Jacob please." I beg him. "You know I don't want to, but I don't have any choice. I so want to live and spend the rest of my life happily with you Elle, I had so many dreams for both of us. But this is what destiny had in mind. This is where my life will come to an end. But I want you to fulfill all of your dreams cupcake." He says.

"I promise I'll look after myself and our baby. I promise I'll never forget you, and will keep on loving you, forever. I'll always cherish the memories you gave me Jacob. And we will meet again, in heaven. And there we will have our happily ever after." I say to him, trying to smile while tears keep on flowing.

I hear the door open, Cole and Xander enters.

"I am so sorry Jacob. I never meant to hurt you. I love you so damn much brother." Xander says with his watery eyes and broken voice. Guilt still filling him up. Jacob looks at him and says "I know, I love you too Xan. Please look after Elle and my baby after me. I trust both of you with her."

Cole comes over and tries to hug Jacob. "I love you brother. You don't need to worry about anything okay?" He mutters.

"I promise I'll look after her and your baby Jake" Xan speaks, calling him by his nickname.

"I love you all so much." Is the last thing Jacob says after which his breathing slows and then stops.

I hug his body tightly, not ready to leave him.

I wish I was there in that car with him, I wish I would've died with him today. I don't want to be in this world where Jacob Williams doesn't live anymore.

——————————————
I literally cried so much after writing this chapter.
Even when I know he just a character I made in my imagination, i feel sad while writing this particular chapter.