Bar

[M/N][L/N] P.O.V

After we left the man, I followed behind Zoro and Luffy with Nami at my side as we walked to a nicer part of the town. Nami kept asking me why I was so quiet. It was a hotel resort but all the room had been booked. A man named Bellamy had rented the place out. A man with his arms wrapped around a girl came out of the entrance as he told us to get lost. This must be one of Bellamy crew.

"Take these and buy yourself some new clothes, you look so pitiful."

Keeping quiet, I grabbed Zoro's hand as I began walking away with Nami who was pulling Luffy by the cheek. My black hat covering my face. We walked into a bar restaurant as I sat next to a big man who was slightly plump with black curly hair. He had a bandanna tied around his head. He felt off and I realised he had a devil fruit. He seemed so happy but I can tell his hands have killed people before. Luffy was sitting on his left as I on his right. He was eating the cherry pies happily.

Somehow, those two ended up in a mini rivalry over food

Somehow, those two ended up in a mini rivalry over food. Luffy told him of his bounty which the guy didn't believe. Nami piped up and spoke of my own old bounty. The man seemed in disbelief before putting a hand on my shoulder and laughing but I felt it. His devil fruit of pitch black like a black hole. It seemed he realised too since he gave a small smirk. I pushed his arm off me before resuming my drink. Wait... this appearance I've seen him a couple of times from posters Ace showed me.

Flashback with Ace

'So why are you after this guy Ace?'

'He almost killed a crew member, I feel responsible since he was under my division. (M/N) I can't forgive myself for letting a friend almost die.

'What was his name?"

'Marshall D. Teach but he's going by Blackbeard now."

'Why did he try to kill his friend..?'

'Because Thatch found a devil fruit'

'What did he look like?'

'Well...'

This man was him. Blackbeard. My stomach dropped as I stood up abruptly while he tried to loop his around me as he made me sit back in the chair. He acted as if we were friends. My stomach dropped and I wanted to throw up my drink all of a sudden. I grabbed my hat and pulled it down as I forced a smile in his direction.

"Sorry there, I'm a bit of a party pooper so could you release your hands?"

"Ehehe sure, sorry about that. Name's Blackbeard"

"It's no biggie, mine is Baker"

"Ahaha just like your poster eh? You got a devil fruit?"

"No, seems overrated for me. I want everything I have to be my own work."

This was definitely the man but I didn't say anything. I acted natural although it was a bit forced. I laughed as we shook hands. I could feel his Devil Fruit humming in satisfaction. I got any information from the Devil Fruit itself. I noticed the few missing teeth but said nothing. I acted all friendly before Bellamy himself turned up in the bar demanding Luffy's presence. Blackbeard left as he said his goodbye. I was slightly relieved at that.

Bellamy sat in his place and offered Luffy whatever drink he wanted for free. Luffy thought he was nice before Luffy's face got smashed into the bar while all the other pirates laughed. Zoro stuck a sword to his neck in return while Nami held him back. Luffy got up asking if he wanted the fight but Nami quickly asked the bartender where Sky Island was. Everyone began laughing at her and her face was red so I stepped in with a smile.

"Hey, what's wrong? I believe Sky Island exists. It's not our fault you all lack imagination"

A lot of people seemed to get mad at me before Bellamy silenced them. I turned towards him as he explained the myth of Sky Island being a land up in the sky. Apparently, he was testing if Luffy could join his crew but he thought Luffy was a crazy dreamer. He started saying Luffy's dreams were an idiot's dream like Emerald City, The Lost Land of Gold and even the One Piece didn't exist. He finished his speech by kicking Luffy but Luffy didn't fight back.

Immediately, I caught on as Luffy laid on the ground even when the glass of beer was thrown next to his face. This fight was one by not doing anything. I smiled as I grabbed Luffy's face to check for injuries especially in his eyes but there were none. I smiled knowing he was fine. Zoro seemed to be confused as Luffy stood up before getting an order not to fight. I didn't either even when Bellamy grabbed my head and smashed me into the floor.

The floorboards broke under the impact as I bleed but it seems he wasn't done as he lifted me by my hair and smashed me into the side of the bar. I simply got back up as another crew member beat me up as Bellamy laughed since that's what the pirates wanted. Luffy, Zoro and I were a bloody mess by the end of it. I nearly lost it when the man offered to buy Nami. That's when I stepped in.

"Ahaha sorry, please don't talk about my friend as if she was a toy. She's her own person who's unbelievably talented."

Nami's eyes widened as I stood there with a smile which pissed Bellamy off as he hit me again before knocking me into all the bottles of alcohol as I slid onto the floor. The bottles of alcohol fell. Some even hitting the top of my head but it wasn't too painful. I've gotten quite the tolerance. The shattered glass cutting into my legs while the man laughed as did all the other pirates. Nami told them Bellamy couldn't buy her before everyone laughed even more. He told her to take us and get out of here.

"Let's go Nami, they aren't worth our time"

My hat said as I got up before leaving the bar with Zoro and Luffy. Nami looked upset but I noticed Blackbeard sitting and eating away his cherry walnut pies. He told us those dreams do exist and that there will be a time when a first rate pirate will be insulted but they won't say anything. He got up before started to walk away as he said it would be great if we could reach Sky Island.

"Let's go"

That was all Zoro said as Nami agreed before she questioned Luffy. Blackbeard must've had a crew waiting for him as Luffy and Zoro started walking while I stood there. Nami was so confused by my actions as I simply followed Zoro and Luffy. We went back to the ship as I held Zoro's hand so he wouldn't get lost. I still haven't really spoken a word to any of them.

However, right now, no words needed to be said as I found the warmth in his hand comfortable and comforting. He was bloody sure but so was I. It was like a daze walking back. When we did arrive Chopper freaked out demanding a doctor until Usopp told him that he was the doctor. I got onto my boat as I took out my own med kit before cleaning all my wounds. I then bandaged them all up as if I wasn't beaten up earlier.

This wasn't too much fun.

A/N:  Thanks for reading!