- 6 9 - MORE O.W.L.S

"SHE THINKS WE'RE WASTING OUR LIVES," Fred mumbled throwing a sweet up in the air and catching it

"SHE THINKS WE'RE WASTING OUR LIVES," Fred mumbled throwing a sweet up in the air and catching it. "Doesn't care that we're bloody geniuses when it comes to what we're passionate about."

Lorelei smiled from her spot on the floor next to George. "She just doesn't understand how bloody genius this is," she said mimicking his words, "You're going to make millions, you will. I'll be on the sidelines cheering you both on."

George snorted and threw an arm around Lorelei's shoulder. "Lor, you're a business partner. You'll be working with us."

Fred nodded and glanced at Lorelei with a smirk. "That toffee was your idea, you know. I took the fall for that."

"I never said to give it to the ugly boy.  I just said I wouldn't test it on myself," Lorelei said with a teasing smile.

Hermione knocked on the door and gave them all stern looks. She was worst than Molly sometimes. She informed them that dinner was ready and that they needed to leave the products upstairs. Lorelei smirked and said, "Yes, Mum. Will do." Hermione glared and stormed away.

George grinned and grabbed Fred's extended hand to help himself up. Fred did the same to Lorelei. Lorelei looked up at the tall bloody twins. "Can you stop growing? I feel like I'm looking at two mountains."

"You love us, really," George teased and knocked his elbow into her side.

"Hmm," she hummed and led the way to the dinner they were having outside. It was a large table set up by Charlie and Bill, and there was a lot of food set out. Lorelei was excited, but she saw Molly glaring at the twins and the mermaid. Lorelei's excitement died down a bit. She sat in between the twins.

After dinner, Lorelei followed the twins back to their bedroom. George had left to go make Lorelei some of that tea he made. He knew she wouldn't sleep without it. When he came back, he saw her already laying in his bed.

"You don't mind, do you? I can go with Fred tonight if you don't want me here," she said with a sheepish smile. "Hermione took my bed. I can get the air mattress from the cupboard if neither one of you--"

"Shut up," Fred groaned putting his pillow over his head. "If Georgie doesn't want you, come over here."

George scoffed. "She can stay where she's at, Freddie. You seem a bit tense. Tired, are you?" Fred looked up and glared at his twin. "Ooh, temper, temper. Almost as bad as Lorelei."

Fred threw the sweet he was throwing and catching earlier at George's head. It bounced off of George's forehead.

George sniggered and sat next to Lorelei handing her the mug. She sipped it eagerly because she knew they had to wake early for the World Cup. Charlie came into the room and transfigured a bed to lay on in between the twins' beds. Bill was regretfully sleeping in the same room as Percy for the night, much to Percy's protest.

Charlie smirked at the mermaid on George's bed. "No funny business, you two. Mum doesn't know you're in here."

Lorelei shrugged. She had gotten used to following George and Fred around. Molly really shouldn't expect any less. George laid down watching Lorelei for a moment. When she was done with her mug, she sat it on the bedside table and saw Charlie and Fred already passed out.

George whispered, "Lay down, Lor. We'll be up early." Lorelei did lay down, happy to not be sobbing like the night before. She felt George wrap an arm around her waist and pulled her to his chest. Lorelei sighed as she stared at the darkness around the room. "Good night, Lor."

"G'night, Georgie," Lorelei smiled as her eyelids became heavy.

As soon as she shut her eyes it felt like, she was being shaken awake by Charlie. He smirked looking down at the pair lying in George's bed. George held the mermaid tight against him, and Charlie sniggered quietly. He heard Fred sit up and laugh as well.

Lorelei felt the calloused hands shaking her arm. She was trying to sit up, but George held her firmer. "Oi, Loverboy. Let her go before Mum comes up here." George released Lorelei fast at Charlie's words. Lorelei snorted and sat up rubbing her eyes.

Charlie laid down in Fred's bed once Fred got up, smirking victoriously at the newfound comfort. Lorelei frowned as he fell back asleep and muttered how angry she was to wake at the crack of dawn. Lorelei took a quick shower and changed into a set of clothes. She hadn't realized she had grabbed one of the twin's sweaters instead of her own, but she just shrugged and slipped it on. Once out, she met the family in the kitchen.

"Why can't we Apparate too?" Fred asked grumpily. Lorelei knew they were discussing Bill, Charlie, and Percy who were still well asleep.

Molly snapped at the twins (and Lorelei who stood next to them at the wrong time), "Because you are not of age and you haven't passed your tests." Lorelei flinched at the harsh words and walked over to Harry instead. They hadn't even taken their Apparation test yet because Molly had worried about them too much, so really it was her fault. But no one would tell the matriarch that.

Lorelei leaned over on Harry's head, though just barely. The damn boy was like Ron and becoming taller than her at a rapid pace. Harry froze for a moment before allowing the girl to stay. Lorelei frowned thinking of how Harry had been acting toward her. He had given her hesitant smiles and odd looks from afar, and she didn't like how distant he was being. Sighing, she felt him squeeze her hand once before letting go. This made a smile come on her face.

After a moment, Arthur said they were going to be leaving. George walked over to Lorelei and stuffed something into the sweater's pockets. He did the same to her bag and Harry's while Fred spoke to Molly animatedly. Lorelei felt around her pocket and grinned at the familiar candies.

All of a sudden, Molly's eyes snapped from Fred's distraction to George. "GEORGE!?"

"What?" he asked innocently.

"What is that in your pockets?"

"Nothing!"

"Don't you lie to me! Accio!" Everything in George's pockets flew to her, but Lorelei and Harry's stayed still. George tried to grab the brightly colored balls, but Molly grabbed them first. "We told you to destroy them!" She was holding Ton-Tongue Toffees. Fred and George didn't tell Lorelei that Molly wanted them destroyed. "We told you to get rid of the lot! Empty your pockets, go on, both of you!" She was talking to Fred and George. Lorelei backed behind Harry discreetly.

"Don't say a word," Lorelei muttered and shoved what was in her pocket into Harry's. He smirked a bit at the candies but said nothing.

"You, too, Lorelei!" Molly snapped. Lorelei smiled innocently and showed her the now empty pockets.

The ones Molly took from Fred and George were going straight into the trash. An anger like no other was released in the twins. Lorelei felt the same anger as the twins as Molly glared at them afterward. "We spent six months developing those!" Fred shouted.

"Oh, a fine way to spend six months!" Molly shouted. "No wonder you didn't get more O.W.L.s!" Lorelei flinched at that. She had received four O's, five E's, and one A. The twins didn't do as well, but they didn't need all that. They were going to go far with their products; Lorelei was sure of it.

George and Fred's faces fell, frowns that didn't look right sat on their faces. She hated seeing them upset, and Molly had taken it too far. They weren't Charlie or Percy or Bill, they were themselves. Lorelei tried to help when she saw the deflated looks on their faces. "M-Molly. They did their best--"

"Don't you stand up for them! You're just as bad!" Lorelei shut up immediately. Grabbing the candies from Harry's pockets when Molly turned around, she stuffed them back into her pocket.

"A few in your bag. We'll take them when we get there," she mumbled to Harry who nodded. Lorelei saw the twins hoist up their bags and leave without even a goodbye to their mother. Sighing, she followed them.