twenty-seven

— 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬-𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡
( 𝘋𝘌𝘚𝘌𝘙𝘝𝘌. )

AARON AND ERIC shared a look with each other as they observed their guests

AARON AND ERIC shared a look with each other as they observed their guests. Daryl stuffed a copious bite of spaghetti into his mouth. Murphy gingerly spun some pasta around her fork while watching Daryl with a small smile. A napkin was placed on her lap and her elbows were off the table - some semblance of etiquette. The two hosts were enjoying the company, as interesting as it was.

"This is delicious," Murphy spoke into the silence, raising the napkin to dab at her lips. "Thank you guys so much."

Daryl grunted, placing his silverware into the empty plate clumsily, "Thanks."

He wiped his mouth with his sleeve. Under the table, Murphy have his leg a gentle kick and raised her brows. He looked at her expectantly and she nodded to the napkin that was set beside his plate. His eyes flicked to the piece of cloth and he reluctantly took it in his grasp, putting it to good use. Murphy smiled softly before taking a small sip of her red wine. Aaron and Eric looked at each other knowingly.

Eric spoke up to Daryl first, his eyes still trained on the spaghetti before him, "Mmm! When you're out there, if you happen to be in a store or something, Mrs. Neudermyer is really looking for a pasta maker. And we're all really trying to get her to shut up about it."

Murphy lowered her glass back onto the table, her face slowly morphing into one of confusion. Daryl seemed to be in a similar state. Eric continued, however, oblivious.

"I mean, we have crates of dried pasta in here, but she wants to make her own or something. I really think she just wants something to talk about, so... if you see one, out on your travels, it would go a long way to..."

He trailed off, locking eyes with Aaron. Murphy turned to her left to see Aaron staring at Eric with wide eyes and raised brows. Eric nodded slowly, his eyes lowering to the table once more.

"I thought it was done," he murmured, playing with the pasta in his plate. "You didn't ask him already?"

Aaron shook his head slowly, and Daryl's gaze pulled away from Murphy as he asked him, "Ask me what?"

Reluctantly, but with a look of eagerness, Aaron stood from the table and gestured for the two of them to follow. Eric remained seated, and as they began to walk away Murphy stopped beside him.

"Do you need help to stand?" She asked gently while leaning down slightly.

"No, Murphy. I'm going to finish my dinner here," Eric smiled up at her. "Go. I have a feeling you'll want to know what Daryl's gonna be up to."

Murphy sent him a soft smile as her hand fell from the back of his chair. She followed Aaron and Daryl, her heels clicking on the hardwood  floor. Aaron led them down a narrow hallway, and they found themselves entering the garage. Aaron flicked the lights on. Murphy watched as Daryl looked around uncomfortably, his eyes shifting to every corner of the area before locking with hers. She nodded in assurance, a silent affirmation that they were there for a reason.