03

ROSE

The music on the radio was tasteless, boring. It was a country band I'd never heard of in my life, and the songs sounded as if they were recorded back in the fifties. That's how bad it sounded.

Glancing over at Tobias, who was otherwise occupied, my heart skipped a beat. He came to pick me up an hour ago, and whilst I was grabbing my luggage, he was drinking early tea with Louise.

As the morning rolled around, I was much mote nervous and anxious about the whole arrangement. My boldness seemed to have died out a little bit. It was probably because the task at hand was much more difficult than ones I'd encountered so far.

To make time pass faster, I messaged Sam, though it wasn't very helpful. She responded half an hour after I'd texted her and it was only to laugh at me.

I would sneak a few glances his way, only to be met with a strange feeling in the pit of my stomach.

He wore a black, fitted t-shirt which only confirmed my speculations — he was working out regularly. His muscles were toned, and I could see a faint outline of his v-line through the thin material.

My biggest blessing was that I couldn't blush. At all.

As a kid, I would try anything just to get some natural color onto my cheeks. Slapping myself, putting ice cubes on my cheeks and nothing worked.

At this moment, I was truly grateful.

"Is there something that's bothering you, Rose?"

How was my name able to sound so appealing, so erotic coming from his mouth? It stirred something deep within my body and I was struggling to keep my arousal hidden.

I cleared my throat, and completely failed to sound unbothered, "No. I'm just tired."

He kept quiet for the rest of the drive. It took us an hour to actually get to his home and the moment I stepped out of the vehicle, I was amazed.

His house wasn't big, but it was sure as hell the most beautiful house I'd ever seen. It was colored in black, however, it was made out of wood.

The little porch at the front was decorated with beautiful pot flowers that were undoubtedly fake, but they added a nice, homey touch to it.

Tobias was a gentleman and he took both of my suitcases and brought them to the front of his house. I was confused for a second, because I expected to get a cabin for my stay.

"Am I not staying in one of the cabins?"

He shook his head, "It's getting colder in the evenings here and since the cabins are only used during summer, they don't have heating. We wouldn't want you to catch a cold."

I grinned, "Well, the alternative is that you could warm me during cold nights."

Tobias crumbled my dreams and hopes like a piece of paper in an instant, "That's a ridiculous thought. I don't appreciate jokes like that."

My heart skipped a beat, "I wasn't joking."

He stopped and I almost clashed with his back. He gave me a look over his shoulder, piercing gaze met mine as his lips tugged into a faint smirk, "Then, I don't know what you were trying to do with that comment, but it won't work. It's best if you behave, keep quiet and leave after a while."

I instantly started mumbling under my breath, which was a bad habit of mine. As soon as I got pissed, I'd cuss them under my breath and if they continued to piss me off, then I would actually retaliate and start an argument.