Chap 1 - Ghar ghar ki kahani

Mere haathon mein nau-nau choodiyan hai
Thoda thehro sajan majbooriyan hai

Lambi lambi te kaali-kaali raaton mein
Kaahe choodiyan khanakti hain haathon mein
Lambi lambi
Ho lambi lambi te kaali-kaali raaton mein
Kaahe choodiyan khanakti hain hathon mein
Na aana tu nigodi choodiyon ki baaton mein
Lambi lambi te kaali-kaali raaton mein

Dressed in her dark green anarkali dress which fell to her ankles acompanied with a light golden dupatta, hands adorned with golden glass bangles and forehead decorated with a statement making tika. Her body swayed as she playfully danced according to each lyric on her best friend kum cousin's mehndi function.

Le ja wapas tu apni baarat mundya
Main nahin jana, nahin jana tere saath mundya
Le ja wapas, ho le ja wapas tu apni baarat mundya
Main nahin jana, nahin jana tere sath mundya
Satayega jagayega tu saari raat mundya
Le ja wapas tu apni baarat mundya
Main nahin jana, nahin jana tere sath mundya

She over expressed each lyric with her facial expressions causing the bride to turn tomato red, since everything was directed towards her. Finishing her teasful performance Qirat earned several praises by her audiance, which consisted of mostly girls her age and a few aunties. The one person who gave her an offended slap on the head for her performance was non other than the shying bride Kinza Ahmed, but Qirat took that as a compliment too.

Qirat was now helping along with several of her other cousins, serving food, making small talks with guests e.c.t. Even the biggest of extroverts found it a struggle to make small talk with Desi aunties, but Qirat was somewhat an expert in this matter. All aunties were easily manipulated into not being able to complain when the one dealing with them was Qirat Hussein.

The young 19 year old was surely someone who knew how to work her mouth without falling into controversy, her maternal cousin/ bff Kinza always told her she would make a great politician or even a lawyer. Though Qirat was blessed with the quick reflex of her tongue when it came to careers she was still clueless, but for sure she knew she didn't want to be a lawyer or politician, she found that to be things to serious for her. Right now she was in her final year of college, she had taken science for college since she realised that her unsure self could get into a variety of courses for university after completing college. She thought taking science would be the easy way to go, but oh boy was she wrong, now in her final year of A-levels in Biology, Chemistry and Physics she is struggling and regretting that decision. But oh well, she decided to go with the flow even if she isn't achieving the best of grades.

The food had been served, the distant relatives had left and now only the close relatives, the ones that stayed over in the Ahmed house were doig a round 2 of Dholki.  Everyone was now dressed in comfy clothes,Sabra Khala (Qirat Khalaand Kinza's Mother) was playing the dholak whilst the other young girls were clapping and singing completely out of tune but well synchronised

Mathey the chamkan waal, mere banre de

Lao ni lao ennu shagna di mehndi
Mehndi karey hath laal, mere banre de

Mathey the chamkan waal, mere banre de
Mathey the chamkan waal, mere banre de ...

When Sabra khala left the young girls surrounded the bride and decided to give her a more intense round of teasing again.

"Oye hoyeee mehndi tho wekh ena di...bari mohabat hogi..haye me waari jawan" said Uroosa in an overdramatised punjabi accent making the other girls swoon out loud.