Chapter 15

(Y/n) woke up back in her hammock with furs tucked around her cosily. She could still hear Ashido stirring and see a dim light shining through the porthole of the cabin, indicating that the sun had only just risen.

Even though (Y/n) had only slept for a few hours, she felt well-rested and ready for the day; something she hadn't experienced since she was chased from Bleakbury.

Turning over, (Y/n) snuggled deeper under the furs, relishing in their warmth. Her thoughts drifted back to Bakugou, had he carried her back to bed last night? A pink blush dusted her cheeks and a soft smile graced her lips. The boy was slowly letting down his walls around her and it made her stomach tighten happily.

Ashido's feet plodded on the wooden boards and she began to get ready for the day. Her eyes trailed over to see (Y/n)'s (e/c) ones slightly open. "Mornin'! How'd you sleep?" She grinned at her as she put her captain's hat upon her head.

The (h/c) girl let out a moan as she stretched and peeled the fur off of her body, "Good, you?"

Ashido winked, "Like a log." Her pink arms stretched high above her and a yawn came out of her mouth, "We're going to be travelling into pirate territory later today so I'm going to be teaching you some basic sword skills just in case someone decides to attack us."

"Attack us?" (Y/n)'s eyes widened in worry.

Ashido waved her off, "There are only a few ships that would risk crossing us, two are ghost ships that people have only claimed to have seen, and the other is just cocky. But they're no match for my crew so we should be fine." The captain turned and picked up a cutlass from her collection of many, and tested the weight of it in one hand before holding the hilt out for (Y/n), "Ever used one of these before."

The girl took the sword in her own hands and shook her head, the only time she had ever held a sword was to cut Bakugou's stitches last night, and she for sure wasn't going to mention that; mostly out of fear of her own safety.

"I'll get Sero and Kaminari to show you the ropes later, but for now, breakfast." (Y/n) chuckled, wondering how hungry Kirishima must be after losing all of his dinner to the ocean yesterday. She dressed quickly and followed Ashido out the cabin, making sure to strap the cutlass to her waist.

Most of the crew were still asleep, but those who were awake were already busy doing their chores. When Ashido came into the light they lifted their heads and greeted her fondly, some with a wave and other with a simple nod of the head. As (Y/n) walked past however, they averted their gaze; though a few spared her hungry glances her way.

(Y/n) tugged on her sleeves as she followed Ashido like a lost puppy. The cook, a surprisingly young boy who was saved by Ashido's crew from the slave trade, was busy handing out plates of food to the grumpy men. He was the only one who gave (Y/n) a friendly grin as he handed her some food.

The waves were slightly rougher this morning, spraying salty water up the side of the ship as it sliced through them. (Y/n) swayed slightly, struggling to gain her footing as she walked up the steps towards the helm.

Unlike her, Ashido walked with ease, like she was one with the large vessel, and took over the helm from whoever was steering the ship. She nodded her head, motioning for the tired man to get some rest.

"So, you and Bakugou made up," Ashido smirked, leaning against the large wheel. (Y/n) shrugged and nodded,

"He apologised." She told the half-dragon girl.

Ashido raised a curious eyebrow, "Bakugou apologised? Ha, I'd love to see that! He's too stubborn for his own good."

(Y/n) chuckled, realising that Ashido didn't believe her, "I guess that makes two of us."