Chapter 77

Throughout the next week, the sixth year students were given so much homework that kept them busy in their free periods. They soon came to realize that those hours weren't meant for resting, but to get caught up with their hard lessons.

On the Weekend, as Lily and Alice had gone to library to study, Marlene and Jenna went to the Quidditch pitch.

Jenna had asked the whole team to come down as well for the Keeper's tryouts, seeing as Clint had graduated and left Hogwarts.

Three people had showed up for the trials; a seventh year boy and girl and one fifth year boy.

Jenna had asked her three chasers to take turn in sending Quaffels at them and see who would manage to block the most penalties.

The girl seemed better than the others, but she was in a few other clubs and said if they came up, she couldn't attend the practices.

The fifth year boy, Wilson, came second and seeing as Jenna knew he would put Quidditch first, she chose him as their new Keeper after voting for it with her team.

"How is that fair!?" the seventh year boy, Davis, snapped angrily, walking toward where Jenna was putting the balls back in their places.

Frowning, Sirius suddenly made an angry move to walk froward, looking as if he was about to punch the boy.

But James quickly held him back. "Don't worry," he said, watching them with an amused grin. "She's got this."

"It's fair because Wilson blocked five goals, you only managed three," said Jenna firmly. "Now out of my way."

"Give me one more chance," he said with authority.

"No, you had your chance," said Jenna, closing the wooden crate. "Wilson got the spot fair and square."

"Fair?" He scoffed. "Your chasers went easy on him! You should know that a keeper must be stout, like me! Not like that stupid kid who's the size of a teacup! But of course you don't know that. I wouldn't expect anything more from a girl as the captain."

"What did you just say!?" Jenna snapped, turning sharply on him.

"Boys," Marlene muttered as she stood next to James and Sirius, smirking, "you're about to witness something extraordinary. I call it... 'Red Jenna'."

And sure enough, as she glared up at the boy, Jenna's hair started to turn a deep and dangerous shade of red.

"Now listen here, Davis," she started through gritted teeth, "my chasers didn't go easy on Wilson. I went easy on you! You did way worse than the other two! I don't know why you even bothered coming for the tryouts, because guess what? You suck!"

"You're doing the wrong thing to yell at me, Potter," he snarled.

"No, seventeen years ago your mother gave birth to the wrong thing! Now get out of my way before I kick you in the nuts!"

The color draining from his face, the boy turned on his heels and immediately left the pitch, mumbling to himself angrily.