Chp. 5

I watched Crisis on Infinite Earths and the rest of Season 6 of The Flash already on a website before it came out on Netflix in America. But I watched it before I published Chapter 4.5.

So for the rest of this book, I'll keep it up to date. Joe will be Captain, Earth Prime is still a thing ( all the Earths that used to be there combined as one), but I will still add changes.

One big one I like to say is that Oliver Queen is alive in this.

That is all I want to mention. You shall continue reading.

Barry's pov

I wake up to the sun shining in my face. I let my eyes adjust to the light before opening them all the way as I sit up. I don't see Caitlin though.

"Caitlin?" I call tiredly

"I'm in here sleepyhead. Make yourself at home." Caitlin says from the kitchen. I can smell the breakfast from here. "Thanks." I tell her before I take a shower and put the clothes on that I had last night.

"So you want waffles or pancakes?" Caitlin asks.

I think about it, "Why not both?"

"Well you do need to eat more for your speed. So I don't see why not." She states.

"Yay!" I say in delight as I get some waffles and pancakes to eat with some orange juice, bacon, and eggs.

"This is really good." I compliment.

She smiles at me. "Thank you. I wake up early to cook. I'm glad I get to share it with someone other than Frost, no offense."

"None taken."

"Well I'm happy to be here with you. But I need to go so I can set up the place where we'll have our date. And I don't want to tell you where it is so it can be a surprise."

"I understand. Besides, I like more that way."

I smile at her before walking over to the sink to wash my plate and put it in the drainer. I just my shoes and jacket on. I say goodbye to Cait before I speed out the house towards C.C.P.D. I walk in seeing some commotion as usual. I walk in the main office to check on Joe and see if I have any new cases to work on.

"Hey Joe. How's it going?"

Joe looks up from his work, "It's been doing good. Nothing major has been happening. No metas either. You?"

I shake my head, "No, I've been good too. But right after work I'm going to set up a date for me and Caitlin."

Joe looked surprised. "When did you guys become a thing?"

"I actually confessed my feelings last night and she said yes to the date. This is our first one." I explain while blushing.

"I'm proud of you. I'm glad you follow your heart and stay happy." He says smiling.

I thank him before running up to my lab. He says that I have a few cases to work on and rap up before heading out.

~time skip to after work~
Third person POV:

Joe says he's going to stay a little longer. Barry walks out C.C.P.D. and making sure that no one notices, he takes a few minutes to run around the city to find a perfect place to set it up. He ends up picking a place in a park near some benches and a trail for people to pass by.

"This is perfect. Why haven't I thought of this before? She'll love it." Barry says to himself. He smiles thinking about Caitlin, then something else came to mind. "Oh man. What are we gonna eat? Lunch? Dinner?" He starts pacing and people that are walking by look at him awkwardly but continue with their day.

"I should call Cisco."

*Dialing*

"Hello?"

"Hey Cisco."

"Hey man. What's sup?"

"Uh I was wondering what Caitlin would rather eat. Lunch or dinner?"

"Oh I see what's happening. You wanna take her out. Where are you taking her and when?"

"To a park. And it's at one."

"Then lunch duh."

I facepalm, "Right, right. Thanks anyways."

"No problem."

"Talk to you later then."

"Ok dude. Bye."

"Bye."

*Hangs up*

I get a ping from his phone right after the call. It's a text from Cisco saying, "Tell me how it goes later! 😁 👍" I chuckle and put the phone in my pocket. I sped away to the store to set up the park area.

~Meanwhile at S.T.A.R Labs~
Caitlin's POV

I'm working in the cortex, looking through the computer to see if there were any small crimes and extra things.

*Ring Ring*

I look up to see Cisco picking up the phone saying hi to someone. I don't know who it is. Then he smiles and walks out the room. I'm really curious as to what he was talking about cause I was really bored. I tip toe into the hallway. I see Cisco still on the phone.

Cisco looks around before saying, "Oh I see what's happening. You wanna take her out. Where are you taking her and when?"

He can't be talking to Barry, can he?

"Then lunch duh...No problem...Ok dude."

I hurry up and sit back down in my chair and act like I never did anything.

"Who was that?" I ask to confirm.

"Oh it was Barry. Something about later today. Nothing important though." He says smirking.

"Then why are you making that face expression?" I raise a brow.

"No reason." Cisco goes back to working.

~Time skip to 12:30 p.m~