XX. THE BLACK PEARL

YOUR GRACE - JACK SPARROW
[20] || The Black Pearl

Delphine reached the bottom of the Black Pearl and a rope ladder was sent down for her to climb up

Delphine reached the bottom of the Black Pearl and a rope ladder was sent down for her to climb up. She tumbled aboard the ship and looked around in awe.

"Never imagined a good situation on this ship," Delphine said, referring to the last time she had been on the ship when Barbossa and his cursed crew still manned it.

The crew laughed at the princess, "Welcome back aboard, Princess," Gibbs said smiling enthusiastically at her, "Is Jack on his way?"

"He should be," Delphine said, turning around to look at the docks where she saw a little boat rowing away from them. Shots fired from the docks and Delphine immediately knew they were in trouble.

Jack made his way to the Black Pearl as quickly as he could, climbing up the ladder Delphine had previously climbed. "We need to go," He said, rushing around the deck and ordering the crew around.

Delphine knew he was right, they needed to leave quickly and get out of sight before Northern Isle guards hopped on a ship and followed them. She knew there was no way they wouldn't go looking for their missing princess but Delphine only hoped they'd never find her.

Sailing away from the Northern Isles while watching the guards fumble to chase after them, reminded Delphine of commandeering the Interceptor a few months ago. With the speed of the Black Pearl there was no way any Northern Isle ship would be able to catch them and that overjoyed Delphine.

"I know it's not of upmost importance but I think I should get changed," Delphine said, gaining the attention of the crew who all still stared at the guards on the docks which were now a lot further away than before.

Delphine was still wearing her coronation dress, it was dirty and slightly torn, but that wasn't what bothered the princess. The last time she had been on an adventure, her heavy dress only held and slowed her down.

"Of course, I bought you some clothes, your grace," Jack said, smiling at Delphine, whose eyes widened in surprise, she was expecting she'd have to wear Agnes' clothes once again. "They're in the my quarters," He said, pushing Delphine lightly in the direction of his quarters. "Along with something special,"

When Delphine entered the captains quarters of the Black Pearl, her eyes immediately glanced to the bed where more appropriate clothing was placed on it. Delphine smiled as she looked at the clothes Jack had picked out, they were similar to those Agnes had given her and Delphine was thankful. She also looked just to the right of the clothes where the belt and sword Agnes had gifted her lay, Delphine's eyes widened in surprise, she didn't expect to ever see it again after Barbossa's crew had taken it and made her walk the plank.

She looked around the quarters, it was similar to that of the Interceptor and the Dauntless, but Delphine could tell by the way it looked she was on a pirate ship. Everything was of duller colours than the Royal Navy ships.

Delphine undressed her self, it ultimately taking her a while as her dress and corset were not the easiest garments to escape from.

***

"Now we've picked up the princess, do we have a heading?" Gibbs asked Jack who stood on the deck of his ship.

Captain Jack Sparrow opened his compass and turned to where it was pointing. He raised his head to see Delphine exiting his quarters in the clothes he had bought for her, her hair now down in loose waves.

Mr Gibbs followed the compass and Jacks line of sight, smirking lightly as he saw Delphine. "I guess we don't then," He said, causing Jack to send him a swift glare.

The pirate continued to stare at Delphine as she stood messing with the boots she now wore while talking to Mr Cotton and his parrot the best she could. It was then Jacks instincts took over and he began to take long strides in her direction.

He moved Mr Cotton out of the way and stood in front of Delphine looking her up and down before gazing into her eyes and looking down at her lips.

"Jack, what?" Delphine began to ask, but was cut off by Jack wrapping his arm around her waist and pulling her into a kiss, if she hadn't said his name he wouldn't of been so impulsive, but when the warm feeling reappeared he couldn't help himself.

Delphine froze as Jack placed his lips against her, her heart swelled and she felt the best she ever had done but she didn't have much time to react any further as Jack pulled away quickly. Jack ignored the intense warm feelings and sparks as he pulled away from Delphine, briefly looking at her stunned, reddened face before turning around and opening his compass once more.

The compass wasn't pointing directly at Delphine any longer but instead wouldn't continue pointing in one direction. "That general direction," Jack answers Gibbs when he asked for a heading once more.

Jack turned around to talk to Delphine about their quick kiss, but when he did so she wasn't there. The members of his crew stared at him, before one pointed to the captains quarters, giving the princess' location away.

***

"Your grace?" Jack said as his entered his quarters, he saw Delphine sat on his bed looking down at her feet. She didn't look up as he entered which confused Jack. "Why are you in here?"

"Why did you kiss me?" Delphine asked bluntly, not answering his question but finally looking up, her eyes meeting his. Her eyes showed no emotion, not that Jack could tell, he didn't know if he'd done something wrong but sat down next to Delphine anyway.

"I kissed you," Jack began only to be cut off by Delphine.

"To get your bloody compass to point anywhere but me?" Her voice raised and her eyes turned harsh. "Old age of 24 and that was my first kiss," She paused, sighing, "perks of being a princess," She muttered sarcastically, before looking back at Jack, whose face looked as if he'd realised his wrong doings.

"Any sentimental value that could've held, gone, because you only kissed me to get your compass to work,"

"Delphine," Jack said, his voice soft and pleading, he truly hadn't meant to hurt her and was devastated that he had, "I woulda kissed you, compass or no," He looked at Delphine his eyes flickering to down to her lips, "Can I?" He asked, Delphine nodding lightly before before quickly he rejoined his with them.

This kiss was slower than their first, less forced, but the ecstatic feeling remained the same, Jack places his hand on Delphine's face and pulled her closer into him, deepening their kiss.