Chapter Three

//Kazuichi's POV//

Why does Miss Sonia always hang out with (Y/n)? I'm a far better choice than them, I do not approve of this! Sonia will see how much cooler I am at the party later. She'll want to always be with me instead. What does (Y/n) have that I don't?
I stand quietly behind the coconut tree, hidden from Miss Sonia and (Y/n)'s veiw.  Hopefully they don't spot me. After watching them walk and talk for a while, I decide to go back to my cottage and get ready for the party. Parties are fun, even though I'm scared shitless of this killing game, I'm rather excited!

//(Y/n)'s POV//

"So, Sonia. What's it like in Novoselic?" I calmly ask as we stroll along the shore.

"Well, our Novoselic Kingdom is an extremely small country, and governed by an absolute monarchy. Though the population is small, our economy is thriving, so we are not in dire straits at all. For generations, the royal family has protected the kingdom and its people from neighboring countries. Thanks to that, the people still have a complete trust towards the royal family." She smiled softly as she explained her homeland to me.

My face lit up as I answered her explanation. "It sounds like a wonderful place. When we get out of here, I would love to visit Novoselic with you!" I smiled a hopeful smile. In return, her eyes shimmered like stars as she happily clasped her hands together. "That sounds most wonderful! I would love for you to return to Novoselic with me!"

I smiled at this remark, a slight blush running across my face. We kept walking along the beach and talking back and forth about different interests. She is so unique and interesting! She likes Japanese Drama, and is interested in things like the occult and serial killers. It can be worrying in this situation, but we all have different interests. I think her honesty and caring heart are beautiful things!
After our nice walk, we parted ways in order to get ready for Byakuya's party.

〰️Time skip brought to you by Atua's never-ending gaze〰️

I walk into the old building, where I'm patted down by Byakuya. Which was rather awkward. I see plates of mouth watering food. I walk around and socialize for a bit. I end up standing near a table with Gundham and Sonia. We were talking about the things we were interested in. Each of us finding a way to relate to the other. There was a bond between the three of us, even in this unlikely scenario we were great friends. Mahiru appears before us by surprise. "Say cheese!" She says while snapping a photo. I was embarrassed, but glad that a moment like this was saved in time.

It all seemed to be going well

It all seemed to be going well. The party was a blast. I was drinking some juice by a table in the far back corner. Things were great.

Until the lights went out
Everybody was panicked, calling out for each other in the dark. I tried balancing on a table and feel my surroundings. Suddenly I was pushed aside into the table. I heard Byakuya and Nagito close by. Suddenly I felt a burning pain in my foot and I fell to the ground.
"AH- W-WHAT THE HELL!" I shouted, holding onto my foot. The pain was unimaginable. Suddenly, the lights turned back on.
Hajime saw me in pain, so he and Mikan rushed to my side.
"T-they have a puncture wound g-going through their foot." squeaked out Mikan. She began to treat my wound, when Hajime looked at the table beside me. He lifted the cloth to see what was fishy. We were all horrified to see our leader, face down, in a pool of his own blood.

Byakuya Togami, was dead not more than 2 feet away from me.

*Ding Dong Bing Bong*
"A body has been discovered! After a certain amount of time, which you may use however you like, the class trial will begin!"

I sat there, in shock. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I resisted the urge to puke. I looked at everyone's faces. Looks of despair shadowing all of our faces. I looked over to Sonia, who wasn't looking at Togami. She was looking at me. She noticed me looking her direction and walked to my side, helping me to my feet. I winced in pain, for my wound was still fresh.
"Are you alright, (Y/n)?" She asked me with a worried look on her face.
"I-I think I will be fine." I studdered. She helped me to a chair, and I sat down. Observing the room for clues as to who could have done this to our friend and leader, Byakuya Togami. Gundham was aggravated, for he couldn't find his Hell Hound Earring. That's a silly thing to worry about now, but this is Gundham were talking about. He's stubborn, I'm sure he'll find it before the trial.

️Time skip brought to you by Fuyuhiko's eye-patch〰️

We were now inside Monokuma rock, within a trial room. Consisting of 17 podiums arranged in a circle. The environment left me with a pit in my stomach. Without hesitation, the trial began.

"I think (Y/n) did it, they were covered in blood and right by Togami!" Hijoyo pointed an accusing finger at me.

"That blood was my own! It was just a coincidence I was by the table, I would never kill somebody!" I shouted in defense. "I was knocked into the table and then stabbed in the foot with something. When I was pushed aside, I heard two voices. Togami, and Nagito." I gestured to Nagito as I calmed down a bit, still tense.

"That means the only people by the table other than you were Nagito and Togami." Hajime pointed out, while looking down at his notes, labeled Truth Bullets.   "Thank you, (Y/n)."

Hajime kept pinning evidence against Nagito. Eventually, he snapped. His eyes were swirling as he laughed like a maniac. Confessing his crime in the name of Hope. But Hajime found holes in his story. Eventually, finding the true culprit. Teruteru Hanamura.

After we all voted, he was dragged away into a brutal execution. I couldn't look away, yet I was disgusted. When it finally ended, we all solemnly walked back to our cottages. Not a single word was uttered...