Chapter 13 - second year's issue

Then rolled around second year. Anastasia had only grown about 3cm taller but that wouldn't be a problem to her, remembering that the Antoinette in the game had quite a tall figure, in comparison to the heroine. However, her small growth meant she needed to buy a new skirt and shirt. This year was the first year of implementing the new courses and it meant a lot of work for her and the rest of the reincarnated kids. On the first day, she readied herself as she had always the previous year, and went downstairs to the familiar sight of chaos in the canteen. She had missed the rush and thrill of school, staying at at Melissa's home for the majority of the time and occasionally staying at the palace after being educated on the country and its affairs by Aunt Melissa, who had effectively taken her under her wing.

"Hey, Stasia! You're late, hurry up!"

She turned to the voice, smiling at the familiar nickname. It was a nickname limited to only a couple of people. She made her way towards the voice, and towards a maroon-haired boy at a familiar table where 4 others sat.

"Oh hush Leo, she was only 5 minutes behind."

Anastasia gave Melissa and bright smile before turning to Leonard and sticking her tongue out.

"Pfft you heard her."

She swiftly put her bag down, ignoring Leo's over dramatic complaints, turning to go and fight her way through the self service area for some food when she felt a light tug at her sleeve. She looked down to the lavender-haired boy that sat in the seat next to her.

"..we already got you breakfast. Pancakes and strawberry milk- that's fine, right?"

Anastasia smiled softly at the boy born mere hours before her before sitting down and giving the sandy-eyed boy a hug.

"That's perfect! I'm glad SOMEONE decided to think of me- that's why we're so close, isn't it Jamie?"

The others laughed at her words as Jamie gave her a soft smile and turned back to his food. His soft, lavender hair was cut back to the length it was back in first year. She was brought out of her thoughts of his appearance by a loud-mouthed, coral-haired boy:

"Stasia, HOW could you SAY that? Aren't we dance partners? I thought we were a tag team, Asia. Betray, I tell you. Betrayal."

The boy shook his head melodramatically and wept fake tears into his fiancée's shoulder as Melissa rolled her eyes with a smile and told him to get up, a hand supporting his back until he raised his head.The others laughed at their display of affection, a normal occurrence between the two thirteen year olds. The five ate their breakfast, bantering in the midst and talking about the strange things the new first years in the canteen were up to. They finished up soon, getting up and making their way over to their new form room to meet up with their fellow classmates.

"ANA! Hey, it's been too long guys!"

As expected, Anastasia had really missed these people. They had all bombarded each other with questions about their break, many having not seen each other in a while due to home tutoring and holidays abroad. They had about 10 minutes of talking before their form tutor walked in, swiftly dropping a couple of books and a hologram mana stone on his desk. The class head rose to their feet, giving the stand, bow, sit commands. Their form tutor gave a small laugh at them before greeting them and asking about how everyone was. The form tutor of Anastasia's class was a Marquis, and the Queen's brother. He was also a teacher in the Earth's Dance course and was someone aware of Anastasia and the others' previous lives, courtesy of the Queen who was unable to keep such information away from her blood brother. After a bit of discussion, the rest of the form time was spent handing out timetables and going through a brief hologram powerpoint about the school's expectations. Soon after, they made their way to first period.

As expected, Anastasia and the others didn't get that much time to relax, always having to wander about rooms introducing aspects of the courses and helping. The mini-courses worked so that in your dance class, you could choose to take their Draegon's dance or Earth's dance, and in the Vocals course, you could choose whether you wanted to do rap or singing, easily alternating. She had also hoped to aid the modernisation of Kou's fashion, encouraging females to wear leggings or trousers while attending the Earth's dance course for flexibility, instead of the flowy skirts the Draegon's course wore, or at least have them underneath their skirts to avoid accidents. Anastasia herself opted to wear shorts while attending the course since that was what she usually wore while attending sessions back in Korea. However, she was the only one, others not used to showing that much skin yet. Being the only one, she slowly gaining a reputation as the girl with the shorts that danced perfectly.

The courses were available to all but only current third years and below would be able to take them as a graded subject, since the other years had been studying the other subjects for too long. Anastasia was extremely busy with her own work and homework, but on top of that, devising the course layouts such as assignments, class work and assessments. However, there was one problem that had risen- Anastasia and Jamison had been working hard on figuring out how to easily distribute songs for the students to listen to to, while at this point they were played aloud at dance rooms or practice rooms by hologram clips that weren't too clear. Unlike themselves, who had phones and could play songs, the people of Kou only had hologram stones.

Anastasia and Jamie brought up the subject with the Queen on the next weekend. After a few failed ideas, moments of silence passed, until Jamie spoke up with a solution.

"Hologram stones are made by mana stones right?"

Aunt Melissa nodded to his question.

"Correct, they're just manipulated by mana flow to work in the way we envision."

"And our phones are adapted to this world in the same way- instead of rubbing on electricity they run on mana. So can't we theoretically make a phone with mana stones like we make hologram stones?"

———————————————————————

thank you for the views and votes! a quick heads up that with the exception of chapters 13 and 14 (both in her second year) the rest of her school life will be 1 year per chapter! also it's my BIRTHDAY I'm just chilling at home but my siblings are wilding😂😂 I think I'll double post for this but at different times! also:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take the time to read this: please could I ask for everyone to take some time out of your day to sign #blacklivesmatter petitions for George Floyd and all the other black people who has been suffering for so long. They deserve justice. #BLACKLIVESMATTER