03.

1860
Klaus danced with her. Her blue eyes brighting the dark of night. Her hair sweeping down her back, she was perfect, just as he always loved her.

"It is a curse," Layla mumbled.

Klaus looked down at her, "You will be dead, I don't know when, but I will protect you, drink my blood, if you die you will come back."

Layla smiled and shook her head, "Always look on the bright side of things, maybe I won't die."

"Do you not wish to live with me forever? Do you not love me?" Klaus asked.

Layla smiled sadly, "I wish, to live a happy, normal life."

"You fell in love with me, there is no normal, I am a vampire," Klaus whispered to her.

Layla frowned, "I am selfish, and only wish the best for myself."

Klaus glared at her, "Then why am I here? Why are you here? If you want to live a happy, normal life, you should have ran along time ago!"

Layla looked at him, tears forming in her eyes, "If you can't handle the truth, maybe it best I leave."

Layla turned away from him and began walking down the dark roadway. If only Klaus knew she was walking into her death, again.

A man was waiting for Layla behind a tree. He attacked her muffling her screams so Klaus couldn't hear. He tied her up and hung her from a tree, for Klaus to find his love the next day.

****************************
Elijah told them that the ritual will happen tonight. It was a full moon, Klaus had all he needed. They had a plan to stop Klaus. At the moment if his weakness, Elijah would rip his heart out. Of course for this to happen, Elena needed to die, so Damon, Stefan, Elijah, and Layla sat around the Salvatore's figuring out ways they could save her.

Layla, didn't know why she just wouldn't drink vampire blood. It was the simplest solution. She was so determined to live, yet she turned down the thing that would save her. Elena always needed more, if she did not want the blood then, why couldn't she handle the fact she would die? Why couldn't she just hand herself over, no surprises, and just do it for Mystic Falls, so the psychopath would leave?

"Tonight is the full moon. We should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse," Elijah told the group.

"Elena said that the Sun and the Moon curse is fake? That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus," Stefan told Elijah.

"Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline. The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting. But if he breaks it... He'll be a true hybrid," Elijah said.

"Then why are we letting him break the curse? We can kill him today with Bonnie," Damon said, while descending the stairs.

"Damon..." Stefan warned him.

"No. Bonnie can't use that much power without dying," Layla joined in.

"I'll write her a great eulogy," Damon smirked.

"It's not an option, Damon," Elena cut in.

Layla glared at Elena, she was putting Bonnie in that place. It was time to step up and accept her fate. If Layla was to die tomorrow, she would welcome death with open arms, it would be her fate.

"All right, how do we break this curse?" Stefan asked.

"Well, the ritual itself is relatively straightforward. The ingredients, so to speak, you already know," Elijah said.