Chapter 19

I couldn't remember the last time I had slept properly. We'd all been dragging our bodies everywhere in search of the werewolf who came up to me about a month ago. Tyler was with us every time, and sniffed out any werewolves.

There have been many, yet none were who we were in search for. Jer was being supervised by Stefan and Matt as we were here, thank God. I was beginning to get exhausted, and questioned if it was even necessary to find the guy. We, well I, hadn't seen him since that night, and I don't think I'd ever even stare at his dark eyes again.

"Gemma, are you sure you told us everything?" Bonnie asked, once more.

"I already told you everything! I'm tired, so that means this search is turning pointless to me."

"We're just trying to help, Gemma," Elena spat out.

All I wanted to do was yell, "you're not helping, moron!" Nonetheless, I kept my mouth quiet.

When Nik assigned me to the job, I didn't think it would come with consequences. He knew who these people were, yet I have no clue. I mean, maybe he could tell me who he guy probably was. My eyes widened, and I stopped dead in my tracks.

"Wildfire?"

Of course! Nik had to know who he was, he was a part of it, so he just had to know!

"I have to go," I said in monotone.

"Wait..." I don't wait to hear the rest of Tyler's response when I speed away from them towards the front of the forest. I still have Jer's truck, and I have to take it back.

The whole ride to the Mikaelson's home, I'm thinking about nothing but how I didn't think of this earlier. Nik obviously knew those people, which would get me closer to the werewolf. If he is not found, then we'll just have to keep our eyes peeled.

I arrive quickly at the home, and instantly I'm knocking on the wooden door. I'm about to give one last angry knock, but the door opens up, and I look surprisingly at Kol.

"Uh..." I'm not sure what to say, so I just step in. "Elijah's not home, love."

I turn to him and say, "I'm looking for Nik. I've got to ask him some things."

"Well, he's not here right now, but I can keep you company."

He walks towards me and smiles. I look him in the eyes, but look away instantly when his gaze became too much. I heard him chuckle, and I look back up.

"Has anyone kissed you recently?" he asks.

"Yes, you're brother."

"I could show you how I kiss as well," he replies.

His lips are just centimeters from mine, and I can feel the warm breath leaving the slightly parted lips. Everything was pushed away from my mind as I slightly placed my lips on his. My eyes were closed by now, but I could feel everything.

His hands guided down to my waist where I almost laughed at the slight tickle, yet held it in. All I could to was place both my hand on his shoulders and move my lips against his.

"Gemma?"

I broke away from the kiss, but Kol didn't let go of me and instead wrapped an arm around my waist. My eyes met Elijah's confused ones, and they widened.

"Elijah, I thought you weren't here," I say, hoping to divert him from the kiss.

"I wasn't, but I can tell my brother kept you company."

"I-"

"Just thought she could use some company. She looked very lonely. Plus, I believe she enjoyed the kiss more than the ones you've shared," Kol pestered to Elijah.

In an instant Kol was pinned to the living room wall, and all I could do was watch.

"I wasn't aware you held feelings of such," Elijah told him in a calm voice.

Kol chuckled at his response, and simply said, "things change."

They stare each other in the eyes, but don't say any words. I decide to break the silence.

"Elijah, may I speak to you?"

"I believe you've lost that opportunity," he answered, still not looking back at me.

"Elijah, I didn't mean to hurt you. I just kissed back because-"

"Because like her sister, she likes to mess with brothers. Just a bitch like her."

I turned to the source of the voice, and shook my head at Rebekah. "No, that's not what it was. I'm doing this for the sake of my brother! I need my brother to be safe!"

"Oh please, she drags those two Salvatore brothers back and forth like a sack of rice. It looks like you were just barely starting out."

I wanted to do nothing but rid of Rebekah, but I could care less of her. She started disliking me about 2 months ago when the topic of her brother and 1 came up in a conversation.

"Look, I'm not here for either of you, I'm looking for Nik," I reply almost desperately.

By now Kol had been let down from Elijah's grasp and was watching amused.

"Why?" Rebekah asks. "So you can shove your tongue down his throat as well?"

"No! There's a pending issue between the two of us."

Rebekah snorts and says, "the only thing between you two is a bed either of you has got to cross to kiss the looks of each other."

I did exactly what Elijah had done earlier to Kol to Rebekah and didn't let go. "Bloody hell! I can't push her off!"

"Gemma, put her down," I hear Elijah's voice say.

I don't move. I can feel my eye transforming, I'm craving again. I know my strength is above a normal vampires and resembles that of an Originals. My anger empowers all.

I feel someone place and arm on mine, and I trace it up to it's source. Nik. "It's okay, Gemma."

My eyes soften, and I let go of her. "We can talk now."

I nod, and follow him out of the house, but not before apologizing and meeting eyes with Elijah.

"Where are you taking me?" I ask as we drive off in his truck from his house. He doesn't turn to me, nonetheless he replies with, "I heard you were searching for someone who had your boyfriends life in danger."

I turn to him suspiciously. "Well I've found that someone. Werewolf boy has been found."

_______
Werewolf boy has been found! But where might he be?

Hm.