seven

"𝕊𝕙𝕖'𝕤 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕒 𝕡𝕒𝕟𝕚𝕔 𝕒𝕥𝕥𝕒𝕔𝕜, 𝕘𝕠𝕕 𝕕𝕒𝕞𝕟 𝕚𝕥!"

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Outer Banks: Episode 1, 41:51

Even though you disagreed with JJ's plan to steal the scuba stuff, John B still did. So here you were, on the boat, helping John B suit up. He had taken all empty tanks except for one, which was only quarter full. 

"Zen, think Zen, you know," JJ tells John B before he goes down. Kie gives John B a kiss on his cheek making you look over at JJ weirdly. He gives back the same look before you look over at Pope, who seems sad. You kind of knew about his small crush on Kie so you squeeze his hand. 

"Diver down?" John B asks her.

"Diver down." She responds. John B jumps into the water. JJ grabs hold of you waist, moving you to sit down next to him on the boat. You lean your head on his shoulder as he places a hand on your thigh, discreetly. Not a minute later you all hear sirens and look over to see a police boat nearing.

"Shit. JJ" Pope says, causing both you and JJ to stand up. 

"Guys, that's the police," JJ says.

"Oh, you gotta be kidding me," Pope says. 

"Yep, that's the police," JJ says again. 

"Just act frickin' normal," Kie says. JJ wraps an arm around your waist protectively as the police arrive at your boat.

"Evening officers," Pope tells them.

"Evening," he replies, passing the rope to Pope. 

"JJ tie this off," Pope says, causing JJ to move away from you. 

"How you kids doing? You know the marsh is closed?" The officer says, after JJ had tied off the rope. We all say no. 

"I didn't know that," JJ says, once again wrapping an arm around your waist.

"Why - why is it closed?" Pope asks. 

"Well, we're conducting a search out here. Boat went down." The officer said. 

"Seen anything?" He adds. 

"No," JJ says, while pope says,

"No boats. No." You nod your head along. 

"Where's your friend you always hang with? He here?" The officer interrogates. You tense, and everybody seems to as well.