Good bye

"Alright you have your wallet? Your keys? How about your phone? Do you have the side dishes I made? What about all your clothes? Do you need-."

"Mom, I've got everything. I'm fine," Jeongguk cut her off, grabbing onto her arms to stop her fretting.

He loves his family, he really does, but two days is enough. The perfect amount of time, really. That way no one starts to fight with each other.

"Okay," his mom said. "I'm going to miss you."

"I'll miss you too, mom," he said, bringing her in for a hug. They say there's nothing like a mother's hug...Jeongguk wasn't quite sure what that meant, but he thought he could agree with it nonetheless. His mother's hugs were the best.

Pulling away, Jeongguk turned to face his little brother. "And I'll miss you too, little bro. Maybe we can game the next time I'm over, yeah?" And they hug as well, Jeongguk bending down to meet his height. "And who knows? Maybe by then you'll have a growth spurt and actually look your age," he sniggered, ruffling his hair much to his brother's dismay.

"Hey!" he protested. "I can't help the fact that I'm small! You stole all the tall genes from mom when you were in the womb! That's why I'm so short! She ran out of them!"

"Ji Ho...I don't think that's how it works..." Jeongguk said, a bit dumbfounded. Did Ji Ho not take biology yet? Well, he is only 10...

"It is." Ji Ho spoke in a tone signaling his say was final. There would be no follow up discussion.

"Come here you little brat," Jinae said, opening her arms for a hug and taking his attention away from his strong headed brother.

With a sigh, Jeongguk made his way over to his sister, wrapping his arms around her as well.

"I expect weekly updates on your lover boy...and I also want his twitter...for scientific purposes," she whispered in his ear.

Jeongguk chuckled, pulling away. "Of course," he said. He expected nothing less from her.

Good byes were never fun for Jeongguk, but today, it wasn't so hard. He had Taehyung waiting at home for him, and he couldn't wait to get back.

——