30

Jocelyn POV:

This store was like a dream!

It was filled with almost every toy and candy I could ever imagine. It truly put those stupid commercials to shame.

The yellow sparkly slime jiggled wildly in my hand as I bent over the slime station. Little bees were stuck in the center and it took a lot to not grab one and keep it just for me.

"Mommy! Some man was yelling and told me to get out his face b-because I was ugly!" A kid yells behind me and I gasp softly as the mother angrily looks around. I do the same, "What kind of man would yell at a c- Dion!" I gasp inwardly as my mind reels back to his one rule to stay by his side at all times.

I look around the store and frown as nothing is familiar. I wasn't paying attention when I was running around everywhere and now I really can't even imagine where the entrance is. Every inch of the store was covered in crazy decorations and crowds of people covered the walkways and little aisles.

My chest began to tighten as I hugged my bear closer. The jumble of voices slowly became louder and louder as faces began to blur and fade in my eyes. The tightness in my chest made me hold my breath as I backed up slowly, "D-Dio-" "Watch where you step!" A man yelled behind me, making me snap my head to face him. He was fuming as he yelled at me, "You gotta watch your step! You see all these kids running around?!" His finger waved in my face as he leaned closer, "What if you stepped on one or hurt one?!" He yelled louder, grabbing the attention of the people around us.

Tears burned my eyes as I could barely make out any of the faces, "I-I didn't mean to! I'm so-" He gripped my arm hard as he, "Where are your parents?! Huh?! Maybe you need to get your ass beat for runni-" My arm moved by itself as I swung up and slapped him across the face. A few people gasped as he looked at me with a shocked face.

I didn't need to be told twice as I ripped my arm from his grip and rushed away. "GET BACK HERE NOW!!" He yelled angrily, making people eye me as I ran deeper into the store.

I didn't even look back to see if he was following me as I found my way back to the stuffed animal section. My whole body screamed for me to just shut down but my mind had sirens screaming in my ears to keep running and never stop.

I could feel my head start to pound as I slowly dropped to my knees and hugged my bear to my face, "Please stop." I could only whimper as the spots under my eyelids grew larger as noise from the building made my ears hurt.

"Jocelyn?!" The familiar voice made me squeeze my bear tighter and scoot back against the wall, not wanting to be seen or heard. If I could wish a hole to appear and swallow me up then I would do it in an instant.

"Babe?.. You good?.." The voice was softer as a warm hand placed itself on my back. I flinched away and gripped my bear tighter. I could hear a soft sigh before shuffling beside me, "Take deep breaths, baby.. C'mon.." I nodded my head slowly as I tried to focus my breathing as told. The pain in my ears slowly faded as Dion's voice became more recognizable, "Thats right.. Keep going.." He mumbled softly as his hand rubbed smooth circles over my back.

Time seemed to slow down as I forced my self to calm back down and finally stop shaking. Shame filled every inch of my body as I pictured my pathetic place on the floor, hidden by the stuffed animals. Dion's hand stopped,  "You feel better?" He asked gently and I could only nod my head. "You want to take your face out the bear?" I shake my head no and he sighs softly, "You wanna leave?" I nod my head again and listen to him get up before peeking out of my bear.

He looked at me with pity.

I don't deserve it.

His hand lowered and he gave me his palm to place my hand in, "Let's go." I nodded as I let him pull me up. I didn't hesitate to bury my face into his chest, "Please don't leave me again." I mumbled softy and looked up at him as he placed a kiss on my forehead. He held it for a moment before starting to plant kisses all over my face, "I'm not.. You wanna tell me what happened?" My throat felt dry as I hesitated.

I don't wanna cause more trouble.

I shake my head and he frowns deeply, "Tell me, Jocelyn. I'm not playin wit you."  His eyes were serious as he locked them into mine. I could feel my cheeks warm as I looked away, "I-I was playing with the slime and it had really cute little babies bees in it and I wanted to steal one but I didn't." I could feel my lips lifting to a small smile as I pictured the little bees in the yellow slime.

Dion hummed softly and smiled, "You wanna go back and grab it?" He pointed to the science secretion and I quickly shake my head, "No!" He frowned, "Why?" I couldn't look him in the eyes as I squeezed my bear, "I got overwhelmed bc it got super crowded and bumped into a man then he yelled at me then grabbed me really hard- like this-" I grab his arm like the man did me, "SoIsmackedhimintheface a-andranlikeyoutoldmeto!" I rushed out the end and watched Dion give me confused face, "Some nigga grabbed you and what you do?" I could tell he was trying to control his anger as his hands fisted at his sides.

My eyes widened as he lead me towards the science center, "I slapped him and ran.. Please don't start anything.. I just wanna go home.." I whine and pull him towards the checkout. He eyed me for a second before sighing, "imma beat his ass but after I pay so we don't get kicked out." He mumbled angrily and lead me to the line.

I hated seeing Dion really angry like this. I can barely calm him down and it's like he's out for blood whenever something makes me upset. I look at my hands and play with them as my mind thought of any way to change his mood.

"Dion.. can I have a kiss?" I look up at him through my lashes and watch him eye me carefully before leaning down to kiss my head. I pout slightly as he stands back up, "Noo.. A better one." I whine and watch the corner of his lips twitch up. He leaned down again and placed a gentle one on my cheek. I couldn't help my giggle as he pulled me deeper into his side. "Can I have one right here too?" I point to my lips and watch as he chuckles softly as he leaned down to kiss my lips, making my tummy flutter. He pulled away slowly and looked into my eyes, "Candy makin you taste good." My cheeks burned as I looked away, "Stooop." I whine softly and he wraps an arm around my waist, this time a smile on his face as he looked ahead.

I'm a good girlfriend.

Waiting in line was much more pleasant and went by quickly. Dion didn't let me pay for my bear or bags of candy which made me mad as he slide his card into the machine, "I'm gonna cash app you 250." I snap gently and he rolls his eyes, "And imma spend it on you." I wanted to smack and kiss him at the same time.

"YOU!" The familiar voice made me flinch into Dion's side. I keep looking forward as Dion looked down at me, "Is that the guy?" He asked slowly and I nod my head, "Yes but please d-" He was already gone from around me, "You yellin at my girl?!" He stepped up to the man, easily a head over him but the man didn't care as he scoffed, "She a whole teenager! You weird as fuck!" He yelled back, gaining the attention from everyone around us. I gasp and look at the man, "I am a grown woman!! What is wrong with you?!" I step up and he looks at me with wide eyes, scanning my body slowly, "Shit.. yes you i-" A fist connected with his jaw, making everyone gasp.

My eyes widened as him and Dion started fighting. It was obvious who was winning as all of Dion's fist connected with his face or arms as the man could barely keep up. "Get him off me!" He screamed as he could only defensively keep his arms over his face. "Look at my woman like that again and imma really fuck you up, pussy!" Dion punched him hard across the face, making the man stumble back and fall on his side.

I could only stand there with my mouth open as Dion walked back to me angrily, "We leavin before the cops come." He grabbed my hand and I quickly followed before the man could even stand back up.

Despite all the crazy stuff that just went down, butterflies fluttered in my stomach as I looked up at Dion's serious face.

He's making me crazy.