Chapter 32: Crime Size!

warning: sex but I don't describe anything... too... graphic

this makes up for how short Wednesday's chapter was. 

happy 3.7k words

Also like, comment, vote, say hi! I'm lonely out here, man! 

-rabid

***

AUGUST

"Hey what's up?" I get a call from Steph basically 15 minutes after he told me he landed. He said he would call when he got back home, so this is impressive.

"Jeez, kid, how fast did you get off that plane?"

"Huh?"

"I mean, did you hit the ground and then sprint?"

"Oh, yeah, no, the airport was fast for some reason." I feel like he's lying but I won't press. "Want to do something?"

"Sure," I look around. "Gabby is here tonight because her and Zak are working on the townhouse and they've got lead paint they're taking out and she didn't them to be sleeping with lead paint scraps everywhere, so they're here-"

"We can just drive around, I mean, that's a date, kinda."

"Kinda."

"Be there in ten." He laughs.

"Awesome."

Gabby looks at me from her spot on the couch. "Dick appointment?"

"No." I snort. "We're just going to drive around and get some food or something."

Zak raises his eyebrows. "Sounds like a dick appointment."

"Maybe, but it's a date."

Gabby looks at Zak and he looks back at her, then they look up at me. "You're going to need this." Gabby laughs, fishing something out of her pocket and flinging it at me.

"Hold on, I thought we were gonna need that." Zak laughs.

"Nah, you smell like paint and sweat and I'm exhausted."

"Yeah, that's probably true." Zak yawns.

Gabby threw me a condom. I only just managed to pick it up off the floor because I'm a terrible catch.

"Gabby-" I prepare to throw it back to her.

"No, no, he's right there, take it." I jam it into my pocket and flip her off, making her laugh.

The doorbell rings and I yank it open. "Fast ten minutes, huh?"

"That was the most aggressive door move I've ever seen anyone do. Are the hinges alright?" He leans over to look at the hardware. "Excited to see me?"

"Yeah, no, hi, jeez." Gabby waves at me from the couch.

"Have a great time!" She gives me two thumbs up.

"Hey, Gabs!" Steph waves.

"You look sunburnt!"

"I am!"

"Why!"

"Tampa, baby!" he gives her a thumbs up and I struggle to get my jacket on.

"You are sunburnt." I look up at his nose, it's all red alongside his cheeks and a little bit on his chin. "Alright, coat, shoes, ditto." I step outside and he follows me down the stairs.

"So I assume that's Zak?"

"Yeah, that's Zak."

"Kind of expected him to be larger."