24 // friends

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
friends
•••

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOURfriends•••

ɴᴏʟᴀɴ ᴍᴜʟʟᴇɴ

The first day back at an actual set of an actual movie was weird to me. Like yeah, I've done this my entire life. But things were so different now from when I was a kid.

Back then, I needed enough time to do school. My working days weren't as long, and I definitely didn't feel like I was being sold as a sex item. I guess being eighteen really changes a lot. And yeah, it was not unexpected. But it was definitely new.

About the Kylan Situation, I didn't know how to feel about any of it.

Kylan had done things in the past that truly fucked me up. And just when life was looking up for me, he came crashing back.

One thing I didn't know, was that he was cast in that same movie I was in. That proved that even after two years, I would not get rid of him. Maybe I never would, but I could at least try to avoid him or something.

Well, I could try after I talked to him that Monday. I promised him a chance, and even after all that happened, I wanted to give him one. I wanted him to prove he wasn't all that bad. At least not anymore.

Kylan had texted me before, saying he wanted to meet me during lunch in my trailer, since mine was private. I spent the entire morning doing my job and hiding away when I could. But it didn't felt long until lunch came, and Kylan found me.

He was standing there, fiddling with the strings of his hoodie. Then he looked up at me, but he didn't say anything for a good ten seconds.

"I'm sorry," he finally said. His voice was low, and he couldn't look me in the eyes as he said those words. So instead, he looked right past me.

Neither of us said anything for way too long. But in my defense, what kind of apology is that? I've put up with months of that constant torment, and the only apology I get is 'I'm sorry'?

Fuck no. I deserve better.

"You're sorry for what?" I asked, crossing my arms.

I visibly saw him looking for words. He was looking around the trailer as though the objects could determine what words to use. He looked lost, which I'd never seen before.

"I'm sorry for the way I treated you. I was so stupid and so scared," he said as his eyes met mine again. "I told you, I've changed. I've grown. All that is behind me now and I want to move on."

That can't be all. There's always a catch when it comes to him.

"Okay. So why did you come to me?" I asked.

"To make things right. I don't know how, but I will."

I was quiet, waiting for him to continue.

I know after what happened, after messing up so badly, we'll never be together again. But I thought,  maybe we could start a friendship." The way he said it almost made it sound like a question.

Though I still didn't trust him. But my mom said it before: I didn't want him on my bad side. I put on my best act and relaxed my muscles.

"Okay," I said. I reduced the distance between us and stuck out my hand. "Friends?"

Kylan's mood visibly changed. He smiled broadly as he took my hand to shake it.

"Friends."

I wanted to puke. But I plastered on an awkward smile. Fuck feelings, huh?

 Fuck feelings, huh?

Author's note

Original version was a lot longer but I hated it and tbh I just kinda need distraction today