Chp. 34

-

RILEY’S POV-

Seeing Bren, here, with me and Jenson pissed me off, I had had enough of him. I stood up, nearly knocking the table to the ground and standing in front of Bren, blocking his view from Jenson.

He was taller then me, naturally, but I wasn’t scared, and he could tell I wasn’t.

I eyed me, not saying one word to me, I didn’t know what his problem was but it was starting to get on my nerves.

I growled, “How about you walk your psycho ass back out this restaurant and leave Jenson alone.”

He tilted his head, Ok, a little creepy… “I’m not going anywhere Riley Adams, and you’re sitting with something that’s mine… and I want it back.”

I balled my fist, “Well she doesn’t want you, if it isn’t obvious enough, so leave her alone.”

I could see hints of depression in his eyes, though it was mostly anger. He was sad, and lost, but it wasn’t my problem unless he physically hurt Jenson, and if I was here, he wouldn’t. I knew he was depressed though, his mannerisms screamed it loud and clear.

And in a way I felt bad for him.

But he was a threat, and I needed to be strong in front of Jenson, I needed to show her he was going to have to go through me to get to her.

An elderly man working behind the cabinet cleared his throat, “Excuse me, but do we have a problem?”

Our heads snapped towards him but Bren’s creepy voice bellowed through the restaurant, “No.”

Then he was gone, disappearing out the door.

Jenson stared at me as I turned around, I paid for the meal and we left, heading straight to my house, me making sure Bren wasn’t following us the entire time.

“Riley… I’m so scared he’s going to hurt you…”

I looked at her, “Well, he might, but he’s not laying a hand on you.”

She hinted a smile, and we drove up to my empty house, she threw the car in park, remembering what went down the last time we were at my house.

We had gotten into intimate kissing, and she allowed me to touch her. I was easing her into it, but she would refuse and tense up every time I got close, so I would back away. I knew it made her nervous, and scared, but she secretly liked it.

So I would just keep trying.

But she was feeling different today, she was feeling comfortable with being at my house… like really comfortable.

And I was eager.

I smiled, “Home sweet home.”

We hopped out the car and I unlocked the door for her, and she let herself in. Ok, so call me weird, but I liked the way it felt with just me and Jenson in the house, like we were living together. I loved the thought, and thought about it frequently to be honest, and I wanted to know if it was ever going to happen in the future.

I was praying for the best.

She hauled her booksack to my room and plopped down on my bed, looking exhausted, “Can I sleep here tonight?”

I smiled in her direction, “Are you really asking?”

She laughed, it was so cute, it made me want to laugh with her, “Yea, I guess it was a stupid question.”

I winked, “Just a bit.”

Jenson spoke, “Can I go shower?”

I nodded, “Jenson I’m not your mom, you can do whatever you want.”

Se frowned at me, making me smile in humor, “Jeez, it was just a question… what, you want to join me.”

My answer was almost to eager, “Yes!”

She laughed, closing the bathroom door behind her and leaving me in my room with my thoughts.

Just a couple weeks left Riley, then you won’t be Jenson’s angel, you won’t have the power to watch her every move… and she becomes vulnerable.

I sighed, it was scary, a really scary thought that happened to always be on my mind. At first I hated feeling her emotions, it made me depressed, and I hated it. But now… I loved it, because it would tell me how she felt when I kissed her, when I held her hand, and everything else.

If I didn’t have that… how would I know?

How would I know if she was in danger? How would I save her from all the tragedies? How would I make sure she stayed alive?

It would no longer be your job Riley…

But I want it to be my job, I wanted her to live forever by my side, even if she hasn’t admitted she loved me yet.

Jenson emerged from the bathroom, her steamy wet body wrapped in a towel, her blonde wet hair clinging to her face. My jaw dropped, she looked way to sexy to not be in my bed right now.

She leaned on the door, “Wanna be a doll and get me something to wear.”

I snapped out of my thoughts, standing and walking up to her slowly, “N-No… I don’t Jenson.”

She was nervous, really nervous, and she was a little intimidated, but I was in no means trying to make her be either one of those. I grabbed the top of the towel, parting them with my hands, but keeping it closed, and keeping her body concealed.

But hopefully not for long.

I smiled, “Nervous?”

She nodded slowly, but I could see a hint of smile on her lips, so I leaned in, kissing her soft. I wanted to open the towel, I really did, I wanted to pull her naked body into me and touch her.

But I didn’t.

I released the towel, and returned to my drawers picking out some of my sweat pants and a T shirt, even though I knew they were both going to be a little big. She smiled, slipping back into the bathroom.

Leaving me wanting her more then I ever have.