» 66

*Ding*
Message from Jaemin

Her heart hurt, all she ever wanted to do was live but she knew this was her fault. She shouldn't have gone out, her parents wouldn't have allowed it, but she was caught up in the moment.

Finally having a group of people she could be herself around, people she could laugh and joke around with, people she considered as her friends.

But she felt guilty. How could having fun be so bad? She couldn't understand, she felt as if she was trapped in a prison, but nonetheless she couldn't disobey her parents- no matter how much she wanted to.

Hyunas crying had simmered down to rough sniffles as she lifted her head off of her pillow, tears staining both her pillow and her cheeks as another one escaped down her hot skin.

She quickly wipes it away as she picks up her phone, the screen illuminating her face brightly in the dimly lit room, the notification appearing as she read it.

A headache had formed from forcing her sobs to be quiet, and the bright light of the screen has only made it worse but she couldn't help but laugh and smile as she read Jaemins text.

Jaeminie 💚
Hey gorgeous ;)
Did you make it in alright? I'm sad I couldn't kiss you goodbye 😔 but I'll give you 2x more next time 🥰!!

Hyuna opened up her message, wiping another tear away as she began to type away.

Where did this sudden cuteness come from? It's kinda gross.... 🤢

Jaeminie 💚
Oi oi oi you better watch your mouth missy 😠 or no more kisses for you

Waiiiit! I'm sorry ☹️

Jaeminie 💚
Good.... how did you parents act?

😔
They grounded me

Jaeminie 💚
...
I swear I'm going to come over right now and smack some sense into them. It was raining!!

It's okay Jaem,
there's nothing I can do anyway 😔
I'm just so sick of them,
they make me feel as if everything I do is unacceptable

Jaeminie 💚
You did nothing wrong love, you had fun with your friends and it just so happened to rain. Your parents are just close minded

He was right, Hyuna did nothing wrong and the more she thought about it the angrier she got.

Her mind was racing, heart beating expeditiously as she gazed from her phone to her door and back to her phone. Heart once again taking over her body as her mind pushes away any anxiety she would otherwise feel from the situation she had just created for herself.

Jaemin

Jaeminie 💚
Yeah?

Pick me up in 15
I can't stay here any longer

Her mind and heart eager as she stood up from her bed abruptly. Her tears no longer prevalent as she threw on one of her hoodies and a pair of sweatpants.

She wanted to make a point, so as any teenage girl does when they become a flurry of built up emotions, she grabs her scissors.

Hands moving swiftly as she her hair falls to the floor. Her once long hair now laid just above her shoulders.

She steps back from the mirror as her hands rake through her now short hair, her initial shock turns into excitement as she disheveled her hair.

A smile prominent on her face as she looked at herself closely. She felt like a badass and she love it- she felt like herself.

She felt new, finally breaking free of her parents restraints as she grabs her phone and walks out the door.

She had had enough. Enough of her parents controlling every aspect of her life, controlling what she wore, ate, read and even said.

She wasn't a prisoner, she wasn't theirs to control any longer, she wanted to live her life.

"Where are you going?"

Hyuna had her hand on the handle of the front door when she stopped, her father standing at the end of the hallway with his arms crossed.

"What happened to your hair!" Her mother said, hands flinging up to her mouth as she gasp.

Hyuna only smiled, flicking her hair  and running a hand through it, "what do you think? I really like it, don't you? Oh and father, I'm going out."

"Says who? You're grounded missy," her father said, taking a few steps forward but trying to assert dominance, one that'd usually work, but not anymore.

Hyuna pretend to think before shaking her head "hmm, nah. Mother, father, I respect you... to an extent, I have done nothing wrong tonight and honestly, I've had enough. So uh- bye I guess. Don't stay up too late, I'll be back. I just don't know when," she said waving sweetly, slipping out the door before her parents could stop her.

She was finally free.