A Baking Witcher?

The next morning, I woke up entangled in Geralt's arms, my back against his front as he peppered tiny butterfly kisses all over my shoulder. Slowly, I opened my eyes to be blinded by the golden light of the rising sun flooding through the windows.

"No," I groaned, burying my face into my husband's arm as it wrapped around me, hand resting right under my armpit, "It's too early."

"I know," Geralt mumbled, his lips ghosting over the shell of my ear, "But we both smell like sex, and we don't want Crevan to ask more questions than necessary." He chuckled at the end.

I sighed. He was right. But I didn't want to start the day just yet, still exhausted from our nightly activities. So I did the only reasonable thing: I snuggled back against Geralt, making him chuckle as I tried to fall back asleep. But the deep rumble in his chest kept me from doing so.

"How about you wake up just enough to conjure a nice hot bath for us, and then you can sleep in there? Hmm, how does that sound?" he suggested.

Lifting my head a little, I turned just enough to meet his eyes, sighing in defeat. "Yeah. Sounds good," I admitted in a slur.

"Hmm." The sound, his signature hum, was one of victory. I smiled a little at that, but my smile soon turned into a frown when he pulled his arms from around me, getting out of bed, leaving me freezing, deprived of his heat.

"Carry me?" I asked, eyes big and innocent as he turned around, halfway the bathroom, when he didn't hear me getting out of bed.

"You're acting childish, my love, you do know that, do you?" he chuckled as he walked back to the bed.

"You said you'd pamper me!" I whisper-shouted exhilarated, wrapping my arms around his neck as he leaned down to lift me out of the crumpled sheets, "Also, I probably can't walk anyway after what you did to me last night."

"You wanted that," Geralt smirked down at me.

"I know, but still!"

"You're acting childish, my love."

"Shut up. I'm tired."

Laughter rumbled through Geralt's chest as he sat me down on the edge of the bathtub, holding me by the waist as I conjured a steaming bath for the two of us. He handed me a bottle of oil from the stool next to tub. Smiling, I uncorked the bottle, lifting it to my nose.

"Mhh, wild rose. You know how to treat a lady," I winked.

Geralt shrugged, smirking down at me. "Well... I had plenty of time to practice before we met," he teased.

"Arse," I mumbled as I poured some of the oil into the water, the sweet smell filling my nose, making me sigh and close my eyes. As lost in the moment as I was, I shrieked when Geralt lifted me up again and into the tub. He chuckled at my shocked expression while ridding himself of his linen trousers – he rarely wore the leather ones at home, they were part of his armour.

He climbed in behind me, wrapping me in his arms and pulled me down with him as he leaned back. With a satisfied hum, I snuggled in closer into the embrace of his big strong arms, breathing in the sweet fume that hang heavy in the air. It didn't take long for long for the dormant tiredness in my body to rise again, not that I was wrapped in warmth that smelled like two of my favourite things: wild roses that so rarely saw let alone smelled, and, more importantly, my amazing husband. With a deep sigh, I closed my eyes, my head falling back against Geralt's chest, his strong heartbeat right next to my ear. Not long before I fell asleep.

When I woke up again, I was laying in our bed, wrapped in the sheets, my damp hair in a thick braid. From the kitchen, the clattering of two men preparing breakfast was heard. I didn't even want to know what the room currently looked like.