𝓢𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓮 𝟐𝟒

❝𝑼𝒏𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒍𝒅𝒔, 𝒉𝒐𝒍𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑲𝒖𝒂𝒕'𝒔 𝒈𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅 𝒊𝒔 𝒍𝒂𝒓𝒈𝒆𝒍𝒚 𝒎𝒆𝒂𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒔. 𝑰𝒕'𝒔 𝒉𝒐𝒍𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒑𝒚𝒂𝒓𝒅𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒎𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓.❞ -- 𝑺𝒆𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒔𝒕 𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒚 𝒂𝒏𝒂𝒍𝒚𝒔𝒕

❈✱❉✤❈✱❉

"Why didn't you tell me you had a Padawan during New Year?" 

Astrid and Anakin were lying on her bed in the afternoon light streaming through her window. Her head was propped up comfortably on Anakin's arm. 

His body was turned towards her, but his eyes were on the wall, on her nuna-ball poster. He was running his fingers idly through her hair, and Astrid closed her eyes as she slowly relaxed at the soothing feeling. 

"I didn't want you to feel like you weren't good enough to have a Padawan because you didn't have one yet," he replied softly. "I mean, I don't even think I'm good enough to have a Padawan. I feel as if I'm still a Padawan, myself." 

Astrid turned her face up to look at him, and she told him quietly, "You're better than you think you are, Chosen One." 

He chuckled at the word "Chosen One" but it sounded a little bitter. He sighed, his fingers stilling on her hair as he said, "I'm tired of people expecting so much from me. They all expect me to bring balance to the Force by defeating the Sith, as if my destiny is already preordained. But I want to chose my own destiny." 

Astrid wasn't sure if she was included in those "people" he had mentioned. She hoped he didn't feel some sort of pressure from her to do well or act in a certain way. 

Unsure of what to say in response, Astrid kept quiet, and his fingers resumed their rhythmic stroking through her hair. Astrid sighed contently. She wished she could stay like this forever. 

"Do you know where you're headed next?" Astrid asked him, almost dreading his answer because then they would be separated again. 

She felt him kiss her head as he murmured against her hair, "I'm supposed to go to some planet in the Outer Rim. Master Kenobi thinks Count Dooku might be there." 

Astrid felt a flash of envy. He was so lucky. Here he was about to go after one of the two head leaders of the Separatist army, while she was to go back to Kuat, one of the Core System's terrestrial planets that served as the Republic's main battleship manufacturer. 

The planet even had a manmade orbital ring around its equator that was composed of metal scaffold, bridged and augmented with enormous skeletons of ship and other machinery. 

Although Kuat was important to protect, Astrid would much rather go after Count Dooku. She missed being a part of the Kenobi and Skywalker team. Or, Astrid supposed it was now the Kenobi, Skywalker, and Tano team. 

"How about you?" he asked. 

"Kuat," she replied shortly. "I had to leave the planet to go on a mission with Master Secura, but I have to go back. The 431st need me there." 

"Your clone troopers?" Anakin questioned, and she nodded. 

She twisted her body to face him and twined her arms around his neck as she murmured, "But I wish I could be with you.