tapestries

"Rose! Wake up!"

Rose whined and cuddled closer into her blanket at her godfather's voice.

"Come on, Moony! She's just a baby!"

"Stop saying that, Sirius! She's fourteen and she needs to go help clean," Remus sighed, but Rose could hear amusement in his voice.

"That's lame," Rose mumbled into her pillow.

"Everyone else is awake," Remus sighed.

"Including Harry."

Rose groaned as she heard her mother's teasing tone.

"Why are you in here?" Sirius asked.

"It's taken you guys ten minutes to wake up one girl. That's why," Marlene responded.

"Has she always been like this?" Sirius asked. He poked Rose's cheek and she bit his finger.

"Yep. I usually let her wake up on her own," Remus said. "If she didn't, I did this."

Rose sat up straight as Remus sent a stream of water into her face. He didn't stop until Rose was completely soaked from head to toe. He gave her a smirk as she glared.

"Aww, Rosie, are you a little wet?" Marlene said in a baby voice.

"Hmmm...let's see," Rose mumbled. She jumped out of her bed and hugged her mother, getting her wet as well.

"No! Sirius! Help!" Marlene shrieked.

"Not getting involved!" Sirius yelled as he ran out of the room, Remus close behind him.

"You chose him," Rose reminded her mother as she laid back down on her bed. "I got stuck with him."

"Yes, well...he's cute," Marlene shrugged, using her wand to dry off Rose's bed and body. Rose let out a happy sigh before grimacing at her mother's words.

"I don't want to think of my father in that way. That's gross," Rose groaned.

"Oops, too late," Marlene said, not a hint of caring in her tone. "Now get up. A certain scar head is waiting for you."

"Why?" Rose asked as she got up and started going through her closet. Marlene got up and chose an outfit for her, black skinny jeans and a striped crop top.

"He won't admit that he's looking for you but everytime the kitchen door opens he whips around and then looks disappointed when it's not you," Marlene responded, her back turned to give Rose privacy.

"He...he probably isn't waiting for me," Rose shrugged.

"He is," Hermione said. Both Marlene and Rose jumped at her sudden arrival.

"When did you get here?" Rose asked, her hand over her heart.

"Just now," Hermione shrugged as she sat on the foot of Rose's bed.

"Well...why'd you say that about Harry?" Rose asked, trying to figure out what to do with her hair. Marlene came over and started to attempt to fix it.

"Because he told me," Hermione said.

"What'd he say?" Rose asked, trying to sound like she didn't really care.

"Something about wanting to talk to you for real without mashed potatoes in your hair. He also said something about kissing you but then the adults came into the room so, I'm not sure," Hermione said. Rose blushed as her mother squealed.

"He is sooooo in love with you," Marlene sighed.

"No, he isn't," Rose said.

"He is," Hermione and Marlene said at the same time. Rose just shook her head no.