Chapter Seventeen. It takes courage. Part 2

Rainbow's POV.

We sat in the same position for over thirty minutes with Hunter crying and me rubbing circles on his back. Another thirty minutes of him just staring into space. I wanted to ask if he's okay, but I'm afraid I might disturb the resting souls from their eternal slumber with my voice because of how quiet the cemetery is. The calmness of the place is not like the spooky or eerily vibes that burial grounds normally have. It's somewhat peaceful in a noncreepy way, I'm even tempted to say accommodating. It's as if the dead knew Hunter needed this moment to make amends with the dead sister. I can even hear my breathing because of the quietness.

Hunter breaks the silence by saying.
"You remind me so much of her you know?
"Who? Kayla? I ask him.
He sighs deeply before saying. "Yes; Kayla."
"Oh?" Oh? that's it? Get a grip Rainbow. He's saying something important about his sister, don't play dumb now.

"Yeah!" He laughs before saying.
"Kayla was what you will call a ray of sunshine. She was the miracle baby that brought backlight into everyone's lives you see." He turns to look at me, making sure I'm following he continues.

"My mom had Kayla eleven years after me." He says and I just couldn't help but show my surprise when my eyes almost fell out of their sockets. Hunter laughs at my reaction before continuing the story.

"We were surprised to trust me. Imagine how blown away my whole family was when mother got pregnant exactly one year after she had lost her kid sister in a freak accident. Heck! She was still grieving her sister's death. He explains with a smile while running his hand through his hair, but I sensed a hint of sadness in his voice.

"Before Kayla's birth, my family was in shambles over mom's mental state. She was so shaken up about losing my aunt. We got so scared thinking she was headed for depression with how she was handling the loss. Mom was on autopilot in every area of her life and didn't care about what will happen if she continued. It was almost as if she blamed herself for it, I didn't understand it though because I just wanted my mother back. At this point I couldn't say anything even if I wanted, so I just nodded to let him know I was listening.

"Then Kayla happened; you wouldn't believe how my mom changed from not caring about anything to making sure we had all the necessary nutrition in the house. At first, it was because she didn't want to bring harm to the new life inside her, but she got a lot more active when she found out it was a girl. I didn't care what her reasons were; I was just happy that my family was okay again. He says with a genuine smile this time.

"Baby Kayla was a lot of energy, We could never keep up with her. teenage Kayla was even worse. Mom was always trying to keep with her, and me?" He laughs quietly before saying.

"I could never say no to her, so I'd tag along with her craziness. We didn't even grief when mom lost her father; we celebrated his life instead per my sister's request. My sister keeps every one of us busy with her bubbly personality, mom often says Kayla was her sister's reincarnation because of their similar character traits and identical beauty marks dotting her nose just like yours. He says while pointing at my face and I laugh.

"Your aunt must have been something, to have that much effect on your family even after her death really," I say while chuckling and he laughs too before saying.

"She was, she was a force to be reckoned with and we saw her through Kayla for many, many years." It's lovely to hear him talk about his family with this much love even though they're all gone. I wonder what I would've said about my family if they'd kept me.