𝟐𝟒 | 𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐫 𝐩𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐂𝐊𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆

𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝟎𝟓

              𝑅𝐸𝐴𝐿𝐼𝑇𝑌 once again settled back in as the car entered Mystic Falls

              𝑅𝐸𝐴𝐿𝐼𝑇𝑌 once again settled back in as the car entered Mystic Falls. Everything looked the same as it did months ago when she left with Klaus and Stefan. A sigh escaped her lips as she watched the familiar buildings pass by her. She missed her family and friends but there was a part of her that didn't miss Mystic Falls, and wished she was still travelling with Nik and Stefan. Klaus had been snapping Stefan's neck the whole journey to the small town, making sure he wasn't able to escape at all. When they finally stopped Klaus told Adelaide that they were taking a trip to the school later on, when it was night. It sent Adelaide into a fit of nerves, which she tried her hardest to conceal. She didn't want Klaus to find out Elena was alive and then kill her, and she also didn't want him to hate her because she hadn't told him. They spent the day in Mystic Falls, trying to avoid anyone that may recognise them. Klaus hadn't let Adelaide out of his sight because he didn't want any of the others to assume that he was here because she was. It was Senior Prank night tonight at the school - something in which Adelaide had looked forward for since she started High School.

"Why didn't you tell me it was your Senior Prank night tonight, love?" Klaus asked her as the two took a walks through the woods, finding it being a quiet but beautiful place.

"Didn't think it mattered?" She shrugged, stepping over a large branch.

"You mean, you didn't think I would let you go?" She bit her lip, knowing he was right.
"Would you of?" She turned towards him, raising an eyebrow. "Thought so." She sang as he didn't answer her.

"You can go." He said suddenly, causing her stop and turn around to face him, as he had stopped in thought.

"Wait, seriously?" Her eyes lit up, something which made Klaus knew he had made the right choice in letting her go for the night.

"You can go to the Senior Prank night with your friends, love." He nodded, smiling at her gently. It was a rare sight, for thee Niklaus Mikaelson to smile, but he seemed to do it often around Adelaide Gilbert.

"Why? Why are you letting me?" She asked, curious.

"Because it's something you only get to do once in your life and I don't want to take opportunities like that away from you, sweetheart." She inwardly swooned at the nickname.

"Thank you." She smiled softly before the two began to walk again.

"Can I ask you a question?" She asked around five minutes later.

"You can, I don't know if I'll have the answer."

"Why do you care so much? I mean, you show me kindness which I haven't seen you show anyone else in our time spent together." He seemed taken back by her question.