11. PROMISES SHOULDN'T BE BROKEN

11 : PROMISES SHOULDN'T BE BROKEN

first person.
VALERIE

IN LIFE WE ALWAYS seem to question things. As human beings we overthink, we wonder and we hope and most importantly we dream. Sometimes we want the truth not to be the truth, we want to believe in people.

And at this moment, I didn't want to believe Zenith. I don't think Ben pushed Vincent with bad intentions or maybe he didn't push him at all. I trust my gut instinct, Ben just doesn't seem like the type of person to do something so malicious.

"But did you see Ben push Vincent?"

Zenith takes a few steps forward. "Tell me, if you saw someone tower over another person and push them with all their might — would you think it was on purpose or by accident?" his eyes were steady and cold.

"You're lying. Ben isn't like that, he's not the type to—" Zenith pushes me back, I felt my heart race quicken, bracing for the impact but nothing happens. I open my eyes, only to meet his stoic gaze.

His hand gripped my waist tightly, preventing me from falling. "Tell me, do you think that it was on purpose or by accident? You've only known the guy for two days and you're trying to tell me that he's not the type."

I wanted to defend him because of my gut instinct. But facts were facts. But his bright bubbly expression always ends up in my mind, I just can't accept this, I can't accept that Ben pushed Vincent.

"Tell me Valerie, do you truly think it was accidental?"

Zenith question hurts my heart. Ben was too good to be true, maybe his golden persona was a mask. All Ben seems to be now is Silver tainted with darkness.

"I want to think that," that's all it takes for Zenith to loosen his hold on me. I clutch on his school shirt for dear life. He wasn't planning to let me fall just because I disagree with him, right?

"What are you doing?" I say cautiously.

"What do you think?" he retorts. "I'm going to push you by accident."

I felt my heart rate quicken. "Just because I don't agree with you, you're trying to threaten me to believe you. The real world doesn't work like that, I've seen way too much to believe someone just because they saw something with their own eyes."

"That's evidence enough, I don't lie and I'm sure my vision doesn't either." his words cause me to scoff.

"Your vision doesn't lie, your mind does. You must've misinterpreted the whole situation and made up a whole reasonable story for Ben pushing Vincent." my words cause him to halt for almost a moment.