Chapter 32 - Emily

Hi! I told you it wouldn't be that long. I was hoping to have this posted before Christmas, but better late than never, I guess. I hope you like it...and that you won't be disappointed. I'm glad so many of you are into this story, but wow. Your response was amazing. Next will be Ellie's POV, and hopefully I'll be able to make it so that you'll want to read it - she has some deep stuff coming up.

**********************

EMILY

I wasn't sure, but I felt as if I'd been dreaming for a really long time. I dreamt that I went to stay at Drew's house, and we fell in love. It was so realistic. We kind of snuck around for awhile, and Ellie had sex with Adam, and Mike was gay for Johnny, and Drew and I shared this incredible kiss at a party while I was dating Jake. Leesy and Adam started dating, and Drew and I almost had sex on his couch. It was so erotic. Well, to inexperienced me, anyway. It's like dream Drew was sweet and caring, and even a virgin - he was everything I'd always wanted in a boyfriend. I didn't know what I'd been eating to manufacture all that nonsense. Why had I picked Drew as my dream boyfriend?

So, when I woke up holding Drew's hand, and I knew it was Drew's because it felt just like it did in the dream, I was content. Until a giant wave of confusion swept over me. When I looked around, and actually saw Drew holding my hand and staring at me like Adam looked at Ellie all the time, I was really freaked out. Where was my family, and why was my sister's boyfriend, whom I had fallen in love with during my dream, here? I felt like I was either still dreaming or going mad. Then, to make matters worse, I realized I was in a hospital. They must think I'm crazy, I thought. Maybe Drew's here because I went around telling people we were in love, and when I went nuts, Ellie convinced him to pacify me. That was the only explanation my befuddled mind could fathom at that moment. So, I took a tip from a page of the psycho girl handbook and spazzed.

I ripped my hand out of his grasp, and tried to get up. I felt wires in me, and thought they were the reason I couldn't sit up. I ripped the one off of my face and the other one out of my arm before I tried again. As it turns out, that didn't help.

If I can't sit up, I'll wiggle my way out of this dumb bed, I thought. I thrashed back and forth as hard as I could, but Drew was hovering over me, holding my wrists down. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have managed to go anywhere anyway, but I guess he was just making sure. I wondered how much Ellie was paying him for this. How much money and/or sex was the favor of watching your girlfriend's psycho sister worth?

I caught a glimpse of him amidst my wriggling as he loomed above me, and my body betrayed me. I was overcome with the sudden urge to kiss him. Ugh, not the dream again. I had to get those thoughts out of my head. Drew could never want a big girl like me, and besides, he had Ellie. I was going to kiss him, though, despite the fact that I suddenly felt tired and barely able to hold my head up. I tried to scream, but my voice wasn't quite up to par. I tried again, and was able to squeak some noise out.

"Get off me!" I said. "Where's my family? Why are you here?"

He looked as if I'd just broken his heart. The desire to cover his lips with mine grew stronger.

"I'm here because I love you," he said sadly.

Oh, boy. I wondered if I was still dreaming, or if he was still pretending. I was going to kiss him if I didn't say something else, and that would be embarrassing if this wasn't a dream. He was making a bad situation worse, looking at me like that.

"What do you mean you love me? I hate you! You're Ellie's boyfriend anyway!" I said so harshly, I shocked myself.

He was staring at me, his mouth slightly open and his soulful green eyes full of hurt. I was about to ask him what was going on when a nurse came in, followed by a doctor.