Near Death

It turned out that Heidi was, after all the real culprit. Simon had called Alec and told the couple that Maia had gone  and he had also told them that Heidi had almost killed Nora but Magnus had went to the hospital along with Alec and Katherine  at the right time to save her.

''I think Maia's gonna kill her.'' Katherine said what they all were thinking as the the group walked out of the hospital ''Then we get to her before Maia does.'' Magnus stated and opened up a portal before he stepped through it with Simon stepping after him.

Katherine sighed and Alec ran his thumb on her knuckles before the couple stepped through the portal.

They all arrived just in time to see Maia standing over Heidi's body  that was turning a horrible shade of grey . Katherine sighed, knowing that even as twisted as Heidi was and as much as she deserved it, killing her wasn't the way.

''I'll see you in hell.'' Maia spat just as Heidi turned into nothing but dust.

~*~*~*~*~

''Come on.I already told you.'' Maia looked between the couple as she stood in Alec's office while Alec sat on his chair and Katherine stood on the table's edge '' I made it clear to Heidi that she should turn herself in and then she attacked me. I mean, you saw the rest.''

''We did.'' the Herondale agreed  ''But what we also know is that you baited her into attacking you knowing that the holy water would kill her.''

''She killed herself.'' Maia argued ''I didn't technically break any laws.'' Alec closed his eyes and opened them, he looked at Katherine before speaking ''You are free to go.''

Katherine leaned on the edge of the table as Maia shot the two of them a surprised look ''That's it?'' ''You said so yourself...'' Alec looked at her ''...you didn't break any laws.'' Maia shrugged her shoulders and left the room.

Katherine turned to Alec who got up from his chair and wrapped his arms around her ''I did the right thing, didn't I?''  she chuckled and moved his hair away from his face causing Alec to close his eyes at her touch ''Of course you did the right thing Alec.Maia didn't break any laws.''

He sighed and connected their foreheads  before caressing her cheek.Katherine smiled at him and Alec kissed her on the lips before her stomach rumbled causing him to chuckle ''I ate three hours ago.'' she pouted, not understanding how could anyone feel so hungry so soon.

''That's a long time.'' he pointed out ''I'll go and bring a sandwich for you.'' she nodded and Alec kissed the side of her head before walking out of the room. And after he had left a few minutes ago, a knock came at the door.

''Come in.'' she said and smiled when Magnus walked in the room with a thoughtful look on his face ''What deep thought are you in?'' Katherine asked. ''I've been thinking..'' he looked up at her ''As grateful as I am for all the hospitality..I really think I should get my own place.''

''Magnus, did someone say something to you?'' she walked towards him and narrowed her eyes ''No one said anything, Kate. It's just that..well, the Clave has protocols and there's a system, an effective one and I don't think we should break the rules.''

''Ok then.'' Katherine shrugged her shoulders in agreement ''We could start looking for places tomorrow, if you'd like.'' ''There is nothing more better than that.'' Magnus smiled at her but Katherine's eyes widened in alarm when blood all of a sudden came out of his nose.

''Magnus, are you okay?'' ''I am fine.'' he wiped the blood away but then started coughing and Katherine ran towards her father figure just as Magnus collapsed on the floor.

''Dad!'' she gasped out and Magnus stared shaking and withering in her arms, he mumbled something in a foreign language before he again shook, which made Katherine panic ''MEDIC! SOMEONE GET ME A MEDIC!''