Chapter 16

Jamal's POV

"Take this antibiotics. It will reduce the tummy ache. Jamal, help her apply mentholated spirit on her bruises please. I need go and attend to someone." Nurse Tutu told me and I nodded. She then smiled at Elyon and walked out of the ward.

We were at the far end of the female ward and no one was on admission so it was only both of us that were in the room. Vanessa and Skye had gone to get something for Elyon to eat so I was the one with her. I had a feeling they both left on purpose to give Elyon and I an alone time.

Or it was just a mere speculation from my side.

"I never knew health bays in secondary school were this big, honestly." I heard Elyon say as I tore out a cotton wool and dipped it into the tray of mentholated spirit. I brought my hand close to her face and she unconsciously flinched.

"I need to treat the bruises, you need to hold still." I told her and she wined but held her face in place. I chuckled at how cute she looked. She hated mentholated spirit. It was pretty obvious. I dabbed the cut on her cheeks softly and she winced.

"I don't know what I was thinking getting into a fight with the Queen bitch herself." She murmured with a loud hiss at the end of her sentence but I heard her anyway. I stopped dabbing and looked at her.

"Why would you think of getting into a fight with Tolani in the first place?" I asked her and she shot me a displeased look. "She's vicious. If it were to be in an enclosed place, with no one in sight then she would beaten you to coma. I know that." I quickly added to clarify.

"Well maybe next time, you warn your ex girlfriend to watch her mouth, or put a leash on her. That ought to tame her." Elyon spat out angrily and I sighed, dropping the bloody cotton wool.

"For one, we were never dating. We were just..." I started but she cut me off.

"Fücking. You were just fücking." She completed rather rashly. I was taken aback and impressed at the same time.

Damn, I never knew her to be so blunt. It was sorta a huge turn on.

"Wow. I never knew you to be so blunt." I chuckled, unconsciously running my tongue tongue through my lower lips. She rolled her eyes but I didn't miss the small smile on the tug of her lips.

"Spend one second with Tolani and bad attributes tend to rub off on you." She replied and again, I was in between shocked and impressed. She sighed.

"I'm sorry. I'm not always this sassy and blunt. I'm just really pissed. I don't think I've ever been this pissed in my entire life." She added. I sighed and dragged my stood closer to her. Even with me sitting down on something lower than the bed, I was still at least two inches taller than her.

"What exactly happened. What did she say that had you all riled up to the extent of slapping her." I asked and she sighed as well.

"She said really mean things. About you...about me as well. I couldn't just let her talk like that and move along like nothing happened. She's been on my case all week. Bumping into me, pouring drinks on my dress. What she said was just the last straw. I couldn't take it." She replied frantically. That had me more curious.

"What exactly did she say?" I prodded further, watching as she had internal struggles whether to say it or not.

"It's a pretty embarrassing thing to say. I don't how she could have uttered those words in front of students. Too vulgar." She grimaced and that only peeked my interest.

Now I really wanted to know what Tolani said.

"Well, there is no one here. Just you and me. So, you can say it." I urged on and she sighed, giving in.