chapter nine

chapter nine

"What do you want to do if football don't work out?" Maicee asked Tyke as they laid up staring at the dark ceiling.

"Never thought about it." He spoke. "I'm just trying to work so hard to get this football scholarship."

"I believe you can do it but I want you to start thinking about other options."

"You saying you don't think I could make it to the NFL?"

"If I believe you didn't have talent I wouldn't be sitting for every game in the freezing ass cold."

"So why you trying to have this conversation?"

"I'm not trying to seem like I don't believe in you but I want you to just think ahead. Say you make it into the NFL, 20 years or so later you gotta retire. What are you doing to do?"

"Easy. Be a coach."

"So what are you majoring in?"

"Business like every other athlete." He shrugged.

"Why not something useful to you? Like sports communication? Or even physical therapy? Your backup plan include sports so why not get a degree your going to use?"

"I'll think about it. What about you?"

"If you don't know what I'm going to major in, you don't know me."

"I know, you finna be my lawyer to negotiate all my contracts." He kissed her forehead making her chuckle. "They gon know to not even hand me paperwork because you already gon be on it already."

"You think we're going to be together forever?" She asked nervously playing with her fingers.

"I hope so." He grabbed her hand to kiss it. "I can't tell the future but as long as this something we both want there shouldn't be a reason we're not together. I don't believe in fate but I know we could get through anything just by the shit we already been through."

"Even when you make it in the NFL and I'm too busy to come to most of your games and the groupies out heavy as fuck, we still gon make it through?"

"Especially then." He smirked meaning every word. "If you can't be at every game after every win, imma know you there in spirit. We gon win every game because I can't let you down."

"You could never let me down., well at least not on purpose." She chuckled turning over to kiss him. "I love you."

"I love you more mamas." He kissed her then stood up. "Now let's go get something to eat."

~

"Genesis, Desiree will be here in a few." Flaire smiled running around the house.

"How many times you gon tell us?" Indigo asked.

"How long she staying for again?" Dev asked.

"Two weeks." She smiled. "She's on break."

"Oh yippe." Indigo dryly spoke making them laugh.

Desiree was Flaire best friend and if you thought Flaire was bad, Flaire and Desiree was worse. A nightmare. You couldn't even look at Flaire wrong with Desiree near and it was definitely vise versa.

"As long as no fighting in school happens then I do not care about Desiree being here but the first fight in school, she's going back home."

"I know, I know." Flaire rolled her eyes as the doorbell rung. "Best friendddd forever!"

"Best frienndddd!" Desiree yelled as she opened the door.

They jumped on each other still screaming, they finally stopped and took her bags up the stairs.