0.38

William (✋😔)

Machines beeped around me, a constant ringing in my ear. I stiffen on the hard matress, shifting. Since I moved, there was a burning pain in my arm and stomach, causing me to wince loudly.

A gasp from across the room was heard over the beeping and ringing.

I'm alive? How? Why?!

My eyes squinted after they opened, scowling at the bright light above me. I grunt in discomfort, trying to move, but something was holding me back.

"Honey, don't move."

I widened my eyes at the straps around me and the tube connected to my belly button, "what the fuck!"

"Will-"

"Get them off!"

"You can't!"

I thrashed it the bed, struggling greatly to move and get the tube away from me. Anger bubbles in me as I try to get the straps off.

Why didn't I fucking die?!

Everything came rushing back to me and my eyes fell to my wrapped, aching arm. I huff in annoyance, giving up on trying.

"Why is there straps and a damn tube?"

My mom stood from a chair, frowning, "we assumed you'd lose it when you woke up, the tube is feeding you."

"I don't want to be fed! Why the fuck am I alive!?"

"William, hun-"

"No! I wanted to fucking d-die!" My voice cracked as my throat tightened with emotions and already being overwhelmed. I scanned the room, seeing only Lucille and my mom were in the room.

My sister frowns at me, moving beside my mom, rubbing my shoulder to calm me. "You can't give up, William. You're my only brother and you are so important to me. You have an entire lifetime ahead of you. I want to watch you graduate like I just did, I want to see you get married, I want to see you go to college or get your first real job."

Lucille pauses for a minute, wiping a tear, "what were you thinking?! You have friends and family that care about you! Nick came and found.you like that! How do you think he felt? How the twins felt? Did you even realize what you were doing?!"

I frowned, guilt resting on my chest, "I don't want to live, Luce. I know people care but... Wait, Nick came?"

"He's the one who saved you!"

I furrowed my brows at my upset sister, "what do you mean?"

Lucille grimaced as she looked away for a moment, "he came to the house and went to your room. He told me that you texted him and 5 minutes later, he was there. If he didn't come, no one would have known for God knows how long. You lost so much blood and he gave you enough to save you."

He did...? After all the pain and problems and selfishness... He saved me?

I felt awful. Nicholas wasn't supposed to come, he wasn't supposed to donate blood, he wasn't supposed to save me after all the shit I've done to him.

"Where is he? What time is it?"

My mom clears her throat, "it's 5pm, hun. Dad took everyone home an hour ago. Nicholas is still in the waiting room, most likely."

I gasped, "I need to see him!"

"William, I don't-"

"Please!" I begged, tears stinging my eyes. "I need to, please Momma."