10. FULL MOON

| CHAPTER TEN |

FULL MOON. 

DURING THE FIRST FULL MOON back at Hogwarts, Cassiopeia couldn't sleep. She could hear both Rose and Myra snoring away as she sat on the window sill, Buddy laid spread on her lap. 

Her piercing blue eyes were stuck on the bright moon. It was strange how something so beautiful could make someone feel like a monster. How something so mesmerising could ruin someone's life.

She let out a sad sigh, her tired, bloodshot eyes not wavering from the moon. Her fingertips softly grazing Buddy's long, black fur as he purred with approval. Her shoulders felt tense as worry had been hanging over her for the entire day. Especially after she saw how pale and tired Remus had looked earlier at lunch, she was just hoping that the sandy-brown haired boy had taken his potion today and that hopefully he was sleeping peacefully at the Shrieking Shack.

She was hoping that he wasn't feeling the pain of the full moon. 

Cass' leg bounced violently. She almost didn't notice it until she felt Buddy finally move off of her, tiredly making his way over to her empty bed. Finally taking her eyes off the moon, the black haired girl placed her hand firmly on her knee, trying to keep it still as she looked back outside. This time, her eyes got stuck on the Whomping Willow.

All Cassiopeia wanted to do was go down there, but she knew she couldn't. She couldn't break her promise to Remus. She cared deeply about the boy and definitely didn't need to - or even want to - upset him.

Her bottom lip got embedded in between her pearly white teeth. Despite the hand on her knee, her leg still bounced violently, her piercing blue eyes swam with worry as she let them switch between the Whomping Willow and the moon; so that she could tell when it was finally time for her to go down there.

Usually, when the moon was well over half way through the sky was when Cass would get ready to leave. However, it felt as if the moon was super glued to the very top of the night sky, not moving a single inch as it got embedded in clouds. It was like watching paint dry, but it's not that she didn't want to do this - she would've stayed up waiting for years if need be - but it was just the fact that she hated the idea of Remus being in pain, and the longer the moon stayed, the longer that would be.

After a couple more hours, the moon was finally low enough, indicating it was time for Cass to finally sneak out there. Shoving on her shoes, she grabbed her shoulder bag, shoving two full bars of chocolate into it, with a few spare blankets and even some books. Cassiopeia then grabbed a jacket threw it on, shoving her wand into her pocket before rushing out of the dormitory. 

She did her best to stay quiet - not to not wake up the others out of the pureness of her heart, but due to not wanting them to wake up and follow her. Luckily for her, there was no one in the Slytherin common room as she quietly made her way out, enjoying the quiet and peacefulness of the abandoned hallways.

AN- There's already 2K views on this story, so I want to thank you all for that, you're all awesome  💚