Chapter 43

Mykel Cree

It seems that their crown prince decided to avoid his little sister. For the past five months, the prince seldom leaves his room, other than attending his usual swordsmanship training he stops going out from the Emerald Palace.

They decided to not hold a celebration for the prince's birthday because of his mental health.

Having to watch his sister with a dagger on her chest and pulled it by herself was very traumatic for a child.

A squire entered after the prince left the office. He was Aiden's personal attendant, Luis Cruz, the third son of Viscount Cruz.

According to him, the person who spread the false rumor about the princess was no other than the crown prince's maid.

The maid has been in the prince radar from the start but he hasn't gathered enough evidence to fully punish the said maid. Now that he himself and Luis caught her red-handed, she was put behind the bars.

The maid will be charge of defamation to a royal family and even involving the royal church with false statements. She'll be sentenced to death six days after.

Mykel watched attentively at the victim of the two incidents. The princess was still pale and skinny, she looked so weak that she might die just by standing there. But her eyes, those beautiful ocean green eyes, were clear as if she wasn't affected by the incident where she almost died.

The whole royal estate was in chaos when the king came running to the palace soaked in blood head to toe with the half-dead princess on his arms.

It had been a long time since Mykel saw his king's raw expression after his wife died.

"Do you know what this is?" His majesty spoke after the matter of the false rumor had been solved.

It was the cursed item that the suspect used to kill those children at the church. The curse items could manipulate a person with a weak mind or a person desperate for power. With a host in play, they will conduct crimes according to how the item was used before becoming a cursed item.

The original owner of the dagger probably was a man who murders only children after having physical contact with them whether it's a boy or a girl and died unsatisfied with his crime that he locked himself inside the item.

"Let's take that away from you, your majesty," out of the blue Lucas said with an easygoing smile. "Ah, princess, it's fine."

Mykel and as well as the king looked at the captain with furrowed brows. Lucas's action didn't make any sense.

He then realized that the princess was scared of the weapon itself. How can they be so insensitive?

Mykel saw the princess's eyes shook in fear. Her face was even paler. Mykel was wrong to assumed that Princess Elaine wasn't traumatized. She was scared and everyone could see that.

"I– uh, it's a cursed item," Princess Elaine finally answered, relief visible on her face.

Good job, Lucas! Mykel thought when he saw how ease was the princess now.

"That's right! A person who was stabbed by this and died will become a puppet," Lucas said cheerfully. On the contrary, the day of the church incident Lucas was rather looking scary, frightening the servants and his fellow knights. That was the first seeing him like that.

"That's why that man only stabs those children in one location," said the princess.

Mykel imaginary nodded. She understands so quickly at such age.

"Correct." The king focused his eyes on his daughter. "Now tell me, how did you survive? Even though he missed your heart by an inch the curse will spread and attack your heart."