Chapter 23: Jaeyong

{EDITED & REPUBLISHED}

2nd month

MONDAY

"Jaehyunnie, are you awake?" Taeyong asked as he poked Jaehyun's cheeks. The younger boy had his eyes closed but was pretending to be asleep for the sake of not having to get out of bed.

"No" The younger answered with the hope of being left alone, but it's Taeyong we're talking about, he'll get whatever he wants.

"Liar"

"Well I tried, what do you want?" Jaehyun sighed and opened his eyes to meet an excited Taeyong, right beside him. The younger smiled and playfully rolled his eyes.

"Our third mission came in today" Taeyong showed him excitedly and Jaehyun looked at the blue envelope in disbelief.

The younger then look at Taeyong with incredulity. "Did you just wake me up to tell me that?" He asked and Taeyong nodded.

Taeyong's eyes dropped as he suddenly felt like a burden to Jaehyun. Of course, the younger one noticed since Taeyong wore a pout and his eyes weren't shining anymore."Oh and to eat breakfast, Emma is waiting for us" The older one murmured and was about to leave when Jaehyun stopped him.

"Tae you're not a burden", Jaehyun said sincerely. Taeyong looked at him with confused puppy eyes. "I'm just an asshole who doesn't deserve a great person like you" Taeyong blushed and left the room but before he closed the door he said, "you're not an asshole", making Jaehyun smile.

Jaehyun stood up from the bed, did his morning routine, and put on a comfortable outfit. Doing everything with a smile and wondering what went through Taeyong's head. Taeyong and Emma were talking in the kitchen when Jaehyun sat down on his chair. "Okay, you rascals what is our mission, and where is the food?"

"Our weekly mission is" Taeyong cleared his throat and read the letter.

"For Jaeyong: One month has passed! Can you believe that? because I surely can't.

Your mission just like the other will last two weeks. For this mission, you two will be building a k-pop profile for Emma and will figure out what her talent is. (Singing, dancing, rapping, drawing, etc) You have to create a performance highlighting her talents. Take a video and send it to Kangmi by next Friday. You must also send the k-pop profile to Kangmi by next Friday. Any questions, contact Xiaoyu." Taeyong read the whole letter

"Okay, what about breakfast?" Jaehyun asked with hunger. Taeyong pointed to Jaehyun's plate."Alright, so what do we know about Emma?", he said as if the young girl wasn't there.

"We know Emma is good at dancing", Taeyong pointed out.

"Can you sing?" Jaehyun asked the young girl, who was currently stuffing her mouth with Taeyong's food.

Caught off guard, Emma swallowed her food as quickly as possible before answering. "I don't think I can"

"What about rapping?"

Emma thought about it for a moment. She usually raps Monbyuls part in Mamamoo's songs, that was something. "I could try", she said and both encouraged her to show them. Emma took out her phone and played the karaoke version of Mamamoo's egotistic.

She rapped all the parts almost perfectly to Taeyongs and Jaehyun's surprise. She also got through the song almost flawlessly but that might be because she does hear that song a lot and was used to the rhythm. A little of the key but that's something they could fix.